Having problems posting your topic? Read through this: To join, you agree to our terms and conditions and fill out and submit a registration form. An activation email will be sent to your email adress, so you'll need to verify your account. After that the account has to be validated by one of the moderators. This will mean that it can take up to a day to be activated. A couple of things to remember to ensure approval:
- Don't use an email address in one of those $2 four character .com domains eg. xyds.com. These will be deleted and the domain added to the banned list.
- Don't use an email address that is within a domain with a bad reputation for spam. A Google search is run on every email address and email domain.
- Don't sign up with an email address that doesn't exist, doesn't work or requires the sender to answer a quiz before their email can get to you.
- Put your country and or state and city in the signup form. Blank forms will go to the botton of the "to do" list. And make sure that your email address and your country match, saying you're from Alabama and using a .ru email address is not going to get you activated.
After a membership is activated the first few posts will be monitored. Posting spam or unapproved topics described in the agreement results in an immediate ban. The email provider and the IP addresses associated with the account will be banned and all posts will be deleted. These strict measures have been deemed necessary to hinder spam. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes, but it's not liable to change. If, after reading this, you still can't post and don't understand why, contact one of the Moderators listed here.
Including the following information can expedite an accurate response from board members:
- Must be a Specific Problem or Question related to web design and development
- Include Code in Question (wrapped in a code block)
- Include Code Author
- Include Extra Notes/Modifications/Attempts
- Include web link to page/file when possible
You may not post, upload, link to, or email any Content that contains, promotes, gives instruction about, or provides prohibited Content. Prohibited Content includes any Content that breaks any local, state, county, national or international law. Prohibited Content also includes:
- No direct or indirect advertising for websites, forums, products, services
- No hijacking of posts (do not post your question in someone elses)
- Content that infringes upon any rights [ex. MP3s and ROMs] (including, but not limited to, copyrights and trademarks)
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, racist, or obscene
- Viruses or any other harmful computer software
- False Information or libel
- Spam, chain letters, or Pyramid schemes
- Gambling or Illicit drugs
- Hacking or cheating for internet/online games
- Warez, Roms, CD-Keys, Cracks, Passwords, or Serial Numbers
- Pornography, nudity, or sexual material of any kind
- Excessive profanity
- Invasive of privacy or impersonation of any person/entity
- Hacking materials or information
For ease of reading and convenience, please use code boxes when posting code. (shown in the editor as a button with the symbol <>
Rules of Conduct
- Be nice. There's no need for calling someone stupid if they ask an 'easy' question.
- Keep your avatars absolutely child friendly. We have a younger audience on this forum.
- Keep your language appropriate for the same reason above.
- Do not PM moderators for help on the forum. Post on the topic, or create a new one.
We sometimes get robots signing up to our forum and posting spam and advertisements. Therefore, we'd like to alert you as to what to do when you have found any of the aforementioned messages:
- Report it. Immediately. Give a clear reason, please, if the advertising is not evident.
- DO NOT POST! Report, let the post stay as is, and we will get to it, meanwhile if you continue to post as normal in the other threads, it won't be on the top so long.
- Refrain from PMing the member. This won't help at all, as they are most likely spambots anyway.
Please understand that w3schools.com only exists because of voluntary work and is barely supported by the advertising littered throughout the tutorials and the forum. So, please, stop advertising other sites. Do not post links that drive traffic away from the w3schools domain - especially to a site that offers similar if not identical information. Please help support the site by keeping individuals on it. Thank you. Here are some guidelines as to what you can link to:
- W3Schools links --> allowed
- w3.org links --> allowed
- browser links --> allowed
- html editor links --> allowed
- personal sites --> allowed
- tutorial sites competing with w3schools --> NOT allowed
- sites completely irrelevant to web development and this forum --> NOT allowed
Thanks for understanding, and for taking the time to read this.