IE makes content vanish

S@m

I have a div class (container) Inside of that I want 2 floats. - left content; right info boxes.I have things set up I thought. FF will "work" and IE just makes everything disapear when I add a float to the div.css:

.overview {	margin: 0px;	padding: 0px;	}.overviewLeft {	float: left;	width: 650px;	margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;	padding: 0px;	}	.overviewLeft p {	border-top: 1px solid #ccc;	margin: 10px 0px 0px 0px;	padding: 3px 0px 0px 0px;	}.overviewLeft ul {	list-style: none;	margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;	padding: 0px;	}

html:

<div class="overviewLeft"> 	 <p><a href="#"><strong>Access accounts online</strong></a><br /> 	 It’s <strong>free</strong> to access your accounts online. Signing up is easy, and you can immediately check balances,  	 transfer funds, manage investments, and more.</p> 	 <ul>    <li><a href="#">Learn More</a></li>    <li><a href="#">Sign Up Now</a></li>    <li><a href="#">Take A Tour</a></li> 	 </ul> 	 <p><strong>Activate these additional services</strong><br /> 	 Once you’ve signed up to access your accounts online, you can also sign up for any or all of these services:</p> 	 <ul>    <li><a href="#">Bill Pay.</a> Pay and even receive and view your bills online. Try it for 2 months for free!</li>    <li><a href="#">Online Statements.</a> Get online versions of your paper statements for free.</li>    <li><a href="#">Messages & Alerts.</a> With free email alerts, it’s easy to stay informed about your accounts.</li> 	 </ul> 	 </div> 	 <div class="overviewRight">    <div class="infoBox">    <div class="infoBoxHeader">Customer Service</div>    Call 1-800-956-4442<br />24 hours a day<br /><a href="#"><strong>More Contact Options</strong></a>    </div> 	 </div>

I am getting quite frustrated because I don't know what is causeing the text to disapear. As soon as I take the floats off, everything shows up.THIS is what I am trying to duplicate. I have the styles for the boxes on the right and everything on the left. I just can't get it to show up! :)

I believe you have been introduced to IE6's Peek-a-boo Bug.go here to find fixeshttp://www.positioniseverything.net/explorer/peekaboo.htmlIf this does not work take a look at all the other IE6 bugs...google them to find fixes.http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2005/07/29/445242.aspxMicrosoft cliams these will be fixed with the release of IE7.

Peekaboo-bug? :( :( :blink::):(:D :)The more I think about it, the more I start to laugh. I didn't even know about this bug. Man, IE sucks harder than I thought... :)

I didnt know about it either :) IE sucks that I can admit ahah. Thats why I use AOL explorer never had problems with it :)

There are lots of bugs with IE ... alot of them occur because of the age of IE6, it only know CSS1 while newer browsers know CSS2, that is whay there are a lot of inconsistancies.Although I have read some articles from people that have tested IE7 betas and say it will still not be fully web standards compliant...a real blow to MS it think.They basically just beefed up IE6 added some new features like tabed browsing and fixed some bugs to compete with FF. IMO if they aren't standards compliant then they can't compete and will eventually lose out in the browser market....here's hoping!

They basically just beefed up IE6 added some new features like tabed browsing and fixed some bugs to compete with FF. IMO if they aren't standards compliant then they can't compete and will eventually lose out in the browser market....here's hoping!

We can only hope! Thanks guys. :)

I didnt know about it either  :) IE sucks that I can admit ahah. Thats why I use AOL explorer never had problems with it :)

Just so you know AOL (AOHELL) uses the newest versions of IE and just puts there name in the title position, there isnt anything beefed up about it just some things work differently through the AOL software.IE has been around for a long long time and is the most used out there, just like AOL the people that it was made for have no problems with eathier, they are simple to use an idiot proof, they both give what the normal everyday person needs to be online. (I don;t think AOL or IE are going away anytime soon)there are always better things out there and has always been, but to teach the normal person to use anything new has never been easy to do, so they just keep feeding there dogs the same old ###### and hope for the best.

The problem of course is Microsoft's monopoly, that most new computers are sold with Windows installed already, and also all the programs. Microsoft has been sued several times for obstructing free competition by including such programs as MSN messenger and Media Player in their OS, and demands have been made that they should make versions without their messenger and media player. Of course, it's not so easy with a browser, cause you need a browser to connect to the internet and download an alternative browser. Anyway, I believe we steered quite off topic. If anyone can help S@M..? :)