I wanna learn ASP

Anders Moen

I've been working with PHP and MySQL for a little while now, but I wanna go over to try out ASP now.But I've been searching unsuccessfully for a free ASP host. Are there any free hosts where you can ASP?If so, please give me a link to it.Anders

Yes, but I need a database (Windows), or else I'm like able to do nothing...I think?But do you know about any free Windows databases? I searched around with Google, but I couldn't find anything. It just said "FREE MS SQL SERVER", and when I got there I had to pay $3 and stuff.But if there are any free databases, can I then connect that from my account at brinkster.com?

You can connect to a remote database server if the database server is set up to allow remote connections. I would be surprised if a host offering a server-side scripting language did not also offer a database to connect to. But then again, you get what you pay for.

I think they do offer database, but I tried to make one there some days ago, and I didn't make it work :SI tried again, and this time their database manager site worked :)You couldn't just help me with some small things? Or give me a guide to how I create a table in MS SQL database? And gather out from database and more...

It depends on the management interface. You can send SQL commands to set up the table like any other database server, but doing it graphically depends on the interface they give you. I've seen some DB management systems online, and with other hosts I had to have the SQL Server Enterprise Manager installed locally and manage it through that. But creating the table in MS SQL isn't really all that different from creating a table anywhere else.

Okay.I start to understand brinkster's system now, so where I can create tables or create databases and stuff isn't really that hard...The code was like...just about the same as in PHP.But just one embarresing question: how do I connect to database called andersmoen at brinkster.com? :)