CMS and Personal Website feedback

Anders Moen

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you.Anyone got any ideas what I can fill out the site with? I mean...I have the lorem ipsum text, and some free stock images from sxc.com, but I just feel something is missing at the top, but I don't know what...

If it's the same site over again, keep it in one thread please... You've made like four or five threads for your CMS/site. Any new changes from now, continue in this one thread. If you want, we can edit/update the thread title for you.

You might want to add some information about the entire 'process' you went through to get this CMS to this stage. Sort of like a Blog about the process. That would make some good reading and turn the project into a 'tutorial' for others who might wish to duplicate the path you have been on.You might then be able to hand it in as a project for your school classes at some point? Just an idea I had.

You might want to add some information about the entire 'process' you went through to get this CMS to this stage. Sort of like a Blog about the process. That would make some good reading and turn the project into a 'tutorial' for others who might wish to duplicate the path you have been on.You might then be able to hand it in as a project for your school classes at some point? Just an idea I had.
I agree with this guy

Jonas:I sent you a PM :)jlhaslip:Thanks for the tip! Where should I add it? I could add a new link on my personal website, with some kinda tutorial for it, or?And by the way...I'm not exactly an author to say it that way, hehe...Edit:I was just thinking of something...maybe I should make the site a bit smaller?

Back to my personal website :)As you probably (out of my signature), I have bought a webhotel and a domain-name now, and I have made a new design for my it.The new site is www.andersmoen.com, and I want some feedback on it. I don't really like the blue font-color in the logo, but I heard someone said "it was a nice twist on the site", so I just had it there for now.So what you think girls and boys? www.andersmoen.com - clicky clicky :)

Nope, it's not supposed to be centered :)A webhotel is like a place where you host your sites. It's like...we stay at hotelrooms, and websites at webhotelrooms haha :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, now I have redesignet the site yet another time, and I have also centered it :)And yeah, it works in IE 5 too, just that it's not centered but I'm really surprised since it looks whole there too hehe.www.andersmoen.com - so what you think? I have heard I should have a darker background-color, but then I have to make the shadows one more time because they're not .png files so..well, what you think? (I know it is in Norwegian now), but if you want a page where it says some more than the frontpage, you can see the portfolio, or about me. But don't think about it as it as Norwegian, hehe... Jonas, you understand what it says on my page :)And one more thing, I will make the page in English too, really soon. Just gonna fill in some content on the Norwegian part first.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally I'm happy with the design on my site!If you could please tell me how it looks now I would be really happy. Feel free to comment my blog too.www.andersmoen.com (frontpage)www.andersmoen.com/blog/ (blog - this is where I have more content than on the other pages if you need content to see how the site looks)