need help: microsoft.net development standards

john1983lj

You will have to be more specific. I have never heard of that and cannot find anythign on Google either.
I can't find the exactly answer either. As far as I know (read from the w3shcools explanation), it seems like some kind of requiements such as standardized application client ( the IE users), standardized application serve ( like IIS), standardized communication application (xml, soap). However, i don't fully understand.

those are just some opinions on where the owners of w3schools would like to see the internet go. They are not standards and you don't need to worry about it. They can dream all want but C++ and Java are not going anywhere :)

Basically what they are sayign is we should have 1 language, 1 browser, one OS....not really based in reality. Besides that is how we ended up with the IE6 mess to begin with.Well if C++ has to go I guess we can through out Linux and Windows, and probably Mac OS cuz they are written in C++ not to mention 99% of all games are written in c++.

Basically what they are sayign is we should have 1 language, 1 browser, one OS....not really based in reality. Besides that is how we ended up with the IE6 mess to begin with.Well if C++ has to go I guess we can through out Linux and Windows, and probably Mac OS cuz they are written in C++ not to mention 99% of all games are written in c++.
So true, its be monopoly again...... its like dreaming about "perfect happy world"... :) looks good on paper.

Wasn't Java supposed to be that end all answer to everyone's problems? Write one set of instructions and the operating system would run the virtual machine that would interpert the code. As long as an operating system had a virtual machine built for it, your Java program would run on it. But then the virtual machine couldn't be build without C/C++...So much for that!

How about the future? do you guys have any idea about the future development of .NET, or any idears of the future outlook of the web services?
I can't speak much about the future of .NET (it seems to be going strong - I make my living writing code for it). Web Services, on the other hand, because they use XML to communicate between applications, can be written in any environment for any programming language. Because of this, Web Services will most likely be around for a long, long time.

The only beef I have with .Net (and it is mostly to do with Visual Studio) is how hard it is to get standards compliant, validation XHMTL. VS2005 has improved hugely on 2003 but I haven't tested enough to know if they fixed it completely.as far as the future of .Net I think it is here to stay. Whether it becomes the dominate platform really depends on MS and if they are willing to extend the CLR to other OS's. There are projects like Mono to try and port .net to Mac and Linux but they will always be a step behind and most likely not include all features of the framework.I hope .Net gets porteds to other OS's and becomes more popular. I make a living also writing C#.Net windows and web applications. However I also am keeping a strong hold on PHP (use it to do freelance work) and trying to improve on C++ because in the industry if you focus too closely on one area you could quickly find yourself an expert in a dying branch of the IT tree.:) wow that was a mouth full :)