Personal Site Suggestions

Kevin M

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'm going to start the basic designing and coding for this application. I'm going to start with figuring out a good sort of "framework" for it, and do the plain XML/XSLT coding. Once I get a good working version of that, which will just be the basic template for the updates and comments, I'm going to work on the admin panel, which will give you the ability to add news, pages and more. Once the admin panel is designed, I'll go onto the PHP/Database part, which will be the user system, and where the pages will be generated. Finally, I'll make an installation script which will create all of the necessary tables in the database, and do the other things needed. When I get a Alpha or Beta working, I'll post a link so that you can try it out. I don't expect that to come for at least a couple months though.Any suggestions on how I should sort of "re-order" my series of events are appreciated. :)

Ok, I'm going to start the basic designing and coding for this application. I'm going to start with figuring out a good sort of "framework" for it, and do the plain XML/XSLT coding. Once I get a good working version of that, which will just be the basic template for the updates and comments, I'm going to work on the admin panel, which will give you the ability to add news, pages and more. Once the admin panel is designed, I'll go onto the PHP/Database part, which will be the user system, and where the pages will be generated. Finally, I'll make an installation script which will create all of the necessary tables in the database, and do the other things needed. When I get a Alpha or Beta working, I'll post a link so that you can try it out. I don't expect that to come for at least a couple months though.Any suggestions on how I should sort of "re-order" my series of events are appreciated. :)
Not much I could suggest here. The only thing I could suggest is that before you start working on the XML and XSLT management, you start with a plain XHTML to outline how you want things to be structured in the end. Perhaps construct a basic CSS stylesheet for that XHTML too. Only then you should try to think up how will you make the same XHTML ouptut in XSLT and then progressively enhance it.

Good idea. So figure out a good way for the final output in XHTML and CSS, and then do the XML and and XSLT tranformation to make it the same, except not in just plain XHTML.