Animated GIF'

PrateekSaxena

Hi,I need to create some animated GIF's I am currently using Image Ready but is there a software that is better than that? I mean that allows rotaion and more stuff?

I think paint shop pro does a bit more but i'm not sure, i'm looking for something myself.

Isnt there anything Open Source?

I have no idea, let me know if you find something. Doesn't look like anyone else knows either.

ok

do you have flash Prateek? you can make animated gifs with that
*dodges* Watch what you're saying there. Flash can't go above web standards unless you have some miracle plugin that bypasses it. If you're planning on using flash 8, export the flash animation as a PNG sequence. After that, go into Photoshop and add each image as a separate frame for each new layer, then export the animated GIF through Photoshop. Make sure you don't have any transparencies.

Even if it did, I dont have money to buy it :)

This is a frame by frame GIF animator much like Microsoft's GIF Animator, I am talking about something more dynamic....

*dodges* Watch what you're saying there. Flash can't go above web standards unless you have some miracle plugin that bypasses it. If you're planning on using flash 8, export the flash animation as a PNG sequence. After that, go into Photoshop and add each image as a separate frame for each new layer, then export the animated GIF through Photoshop. Make sure you don't have any transparencies.
I want something simpler not THAT complicated!

• 2 weeks later...

Cause it is not fully supported in all browsers

Hi,I use Revalation Natural Art (RNA), which gives you a huge amount of control over the animations. It is aslo simple to use, but, you cannot have 'items' which you can select and move about like in power point.But the GIMP is free, so, get that. Or, download an older version of Serif Draw Plus. You can export to all sorts of things from there (but in my opinion, Draw Plus can't do anything except add fancy styles). Draw Plus is also free, or you can bye the latest version from somewhere.Thanks For Reading!

Prateek,Do you want a large amout of images, or not, because in JS, you can flick between a few images, but if you use to many, it just takes ages to load the page. With JS, you could also use Jpegs, which would give better image quality.Go to www.javascriptworld.com: the code is in there somewhere.Hope this helps.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...