How do I create a SQL Database?

Lord Dolmus

For weeks now I've been asking people how to create a database and they all say try SQL. I've looked at various tutorials and scripts and so far, I'm confused. I wanted to make a database like TV.com has and when I look at the SQL stuff, I see name, address, phone. I'm not trying to make one for people but for movies. It's simple, you have the letters A to Z, whenever you click on one, let's say "B" it goes to a bunch of movies that start with the letter B, you get me? Here's the best part, let's say you click on "Big Trouble in Little China", it'll go to a page with info like, the year it came out, cast, crew, DVD features, and more. See what I mean? If you or a person you know, has such a database, can you please help me? This is gonna be a very important website for me and I can use all of the help I can get.

That sounds great but can I use it even though I'm using a web host? Also is there anything else after that? I'm willing to go through some tutorials.
Depending on whatever package you get from your web host, they may have a database system set up for you to use. If you are using PHP, the host typically bundles that with MySQL. If you are using ASP(.NET), the host may bundle that with SQL Server.Once the database system is all set up, you can find a number of tutorials on the Internet about SQL. There's one here at W3Schools: http://www.w3schools.com/sql/default.aspIf you run into any problems, you might head over to the SQL forum here and the people there should be able to help.

Ok, Thank you! Are you sure their database and the database I have in mind are the same?
The database table(s) that is set up in that tutorial is most likely not set up the same way you need to set up your database table(s), but the idea is that you can learn how to use SQL to create what you need. You'll probably have to take what you learn in that, and other tutorials, and figure out how to adapt it to fit your own project.