Other languages

Gabriel

Hello,This is great and useful site. It contains much wholesome information, tests and so on. But it's not available for all people.I know that English is international language and in some part is the official language of Internet. But I would like to see this site in my language.The idea is simple. I would like to see this site translated in Russian language(and others, but I can translate it only in Russian) and ready to do some acts towards fulfillment of this idea.How can it be realized?Sorry for my English. I didn't want to be offensive.Sincerely yours,Gabriel.

mmm why not? I thought you could download language packs from Invision's website...And I like the idea of translating the whole of W3Schools :) It goes with the WAI, doesnt it?If you need translators, I'm a native spanish speaker, just PM me or somethingdain

This board translating won't be a problem, indeed invision provides language packs (and since w3schools.com's forums use invision), but the whole site, I doubt it.You can't even imagine how much files should be copied, into different languages, or howmany strings should be included in the page where script can look for the right language... I really don't think that could be done, it is up to the Refsnesses (I guess :) )Maybe two or three languages (such as Spanish and Russian), but not many :)

In my opinion, the site should be translated from the begining to the end.I agree with WAI that it should be done voluntary, and I disagree in that case that only main, stable documents should be translated, cause I guess in this conditions you have to know English to find some documents in your own language (may be I misunderstood smth, but I interprete their provisions this way, sorry, if I'm wrong).I see two ways to solve this problem:1) Creating official w3schools site in your languge. This presume a contract between w3schools on the one part and you on the other part. I don't know if it is possible, I haven't check it's opportunity. This way has legal consequences for both parties, but the translator of course has more obligations. He is liable for authenticity of translated documents.2) Second way is to create unofficial site, but with the permission of the w3schools. On every page of this site there should be warning message said that it's unofficial translation and it has no legal power, as it is done on WAI site where some hyperlinks to some translations are. Interpreter in this case don't carry legal liability.I'm trying to say that I'm pleased with this educational site and I would like to translate this site in Russian language if Refsnes Data entitle me to do this. Also I think that I can find host for Russian version of w3schools.A.A. Hope this is the final version :)

Edited by Gabriel

• 4 weeks later...

If translations are to be done, I suppose the most logical languages would be:

English   \German      >  Most spoken Western languagesSpanish   /Russian \Chinese   >  Most spoken Eastern languages (?)Arab    /

Hmm, I suddenly noticed I miss a [pre][/pre] set for BB-codes... :)

Hello everybody.Just wanted to inform that we, W3Schools.com, are not currently interested in help translating our web page. We hope that this is something we could try in the future, but for now we do NOT grant anyone consent to translate any of our content.

Translating is a very tricky issue, especially with web tutorials. Do you know any words for server in dutch? If you do, how bout protocol? There's lots of stuff that will be hard to translate.