csszengarden.com

SubZero.

looks like they stupidly let it expire and it got snatched up. I did a search to see if anyone has been saying anything about this. The only related topic I could find was a reference to them letting there name expire back in 2005 also. They will probably try and buy it back but will pay a huge amount for it. that is why these companies buy expired domains.

I hate those companies who buy domain names. I was researching a site for a small restaurant near my house, the domain they wanted to use was pretty obscure, there can't be demand for it, so I emailed the holding company and they replied with an offer for something like $13,900 for the domain name alone. New domains, btw, cost under $5. I was charging around $5,000 for the entire site, and these people want almost 3 times that for the domain. It's rediculous. I ignored them and they replied a few times and brought the offer down several thousand dollars, but instead I just went out and bought a similar name for $5.

well aspnetguy, you should be setting a better example and share your source of information. otherwise, people are going to think you are rather intelligent. :) shame on you. :)

Well, it's back. :)Not that I ever missed it. I never really found a use for that site, personally (I use the term use relating to me, it may help other designers get ideas/learn CSS). This is the first time I've even visited in months :)

i think its a great site. some real nice designs there and the way there all based on the same html file is cool. it really shows the advantage of coding properly with css. i think a few years back it made a big impact on getting a lot of us into css. im glad its back

I agree with choco here, no help.
It's not supposed to be a help site. In fact, to make a design like that on your own it requires intimate knowledge of CSS 1.0 and 2.1, quirks and all. The point of the site is to show people just how powerful CSS really is. You could never have done that simply with html. Ok, maybe you could, but the code would be bloated as ######...

and all the designs use the exact same html file, this shows people how you can take the same content and then style & organise it in limitless different ways with css which is one of the coolest things about modern webdesign.