CSS positioning

shannonlasell

Well.....I have a problem.i want to make <div> tag go left and stay left, inside a <td>. this works fine in Firefox, but not in IE (damn those bastards).i have a float attribute on the <div> on the right and I have a position:relative;left:0; on the left <div>.i know i can use <td align="left">. However the align attribute is deprecated, as well as is the <center> ( which was a fav. for me). I need a freekin guru. Can i get crafty with some javascript maybe.( i know, wrong section).i need help. please.

Not sure, butdiv {margin-left: 0;}could perhaps work?Ordiv {position: relative;left: -??px;}Good luck... :)

Well.....I have a problem.i want to make <div> tag go left and stay left, inside a <td>. this works fine in Firefox, but not in IE (damn those bastards).i have a float attribute on the <div> on the right and I have a position:relative;left:0; on the left <div>.i know i can use <td align="left">. However the align attribute is deprecated, as well as is the <center> ( which was a fav. for me). I need a freekin guru. Can i get crafty with some javascript maybe.( i know, wrong section).i need help. please.

i have always hated divs :)..this is a prime example why.

I am trying to make a center part of my web page stretch with the content (background-image:repeat;), and so I was using table to keep all parts together and <div> tags inside to do the stretching. I think i will remove the tables and use <div>'s only now. Getting real tired of working around everything (damn you Bill Gates).