Can I Add one or more Buttons?

shah_ankitb

Hello Everyone, as u all know we all are Using Confirm box when it alert's it display 'OK' or 'Cancel' / 'Yes' or 'No'.I would like to ADD one or more button in the Confirm box. I don't know how to do.I want Three Button's say 'Yes' , 'No', 'Cancel'.Can anybody help me with code if possible.

No, sorry. You'd need a custom confirm/prompt box made with HTML & JS. :)
Or use VB script and force your users to use IE on Windows machines. :)

Thanxs for Reply, As per i know Confirm Box returns BOOL means true / false. If any body has a idea how to add one or more buttons named like 'First','Second','Third', etc. I am going to use this Java Script in PHP.Ur Answer will be appreciated.

here is an example of a custom confirmation box I got from another forum

<html><head><title>Custom ConFirm, Alert and Prompt</title><style>/* You can modify these styles to anything you want (or is allowed). *//* These are used by both browsers. You can set these to your preferences. */.td1style {font-weight:bold;border:1px solid black;background-color:lightgrey;color:blue;font-size:14px;fontFamily:Verdana;}.td2style {font-weight:bold;border:1px solid black;background-color:lightyellow;font-size:12px;font-family:Verdana;}/* the style below is for the links that are inside the div when it pops up */.linkstyle {font-weight:bold;font-size:12px;text-decoration:none}</style><script language="JavaScript">var msgtop=50 // Set the top position of the divvar msgleft=20 // Set the left position of the div/* The following three variables are for setting the properties of your table contained within the div. */var tborder="0"var cspace="0"var cpad="0"var tabheight=50 // Set the height of tablevar tabwidth=150 // Set the width of tablevar td1height=10var td2height=30var boxt=""function Domsg(flag){hidebox() // Hide the box after clicking on text link in boxif(flag=="Yes"){msg="You Clicked "+flag+"!"}else{msg="Why did you click "+flag+"?"}document.formbx.result.value=msg}function DoFormbox(msgtext){theString="<table width='"+tabwidth+"' height='"+tabheight+"' border="+tborder+" cellspacing="+cspace+" cellpadding="+cpad+"><tr><td height='"+td1height+"' class='td1style' align='left'><b>"theString+=""+msgtext+"</b></td></tr><tr><td height='"+td2height+"' align='center' class='td2style'><a href='java script:Domsg(\"Yes\")' class='linkstyle'>Yes</a>   <a href='java script:Domsg(\"No\")' class='linkstyle'>No</a></td></tr></table>"if (document.layers) // Netscape 4.0+{document.formbox.document.write(theString)document.formbox.document.close()document.formbox.left=msgleftdocument.formbox.top=msgtop+40document.formbox.visibility="show"}else{if(document.getElementById) // Internet Explorer 5.0+ and Netscape 6.0+{elm=document.getElementById("formbox")elm.innerHTML=theStringelm.style.top=msgtopelm.style.left=msgleftelm.style.visibility = "visible"}}}// This function is for hiding the divfunction hidebox(){if (document.layers) // Netscape 4.0+{document.formbox.visibility="hidden"}if(document.getElementById) // Netscape 6.0+ and Internet Explorer 5.0+{elm.style.visibility="hidden"}}</script></head><body><div id="formbox" style="position:absolute;visibility:hidden;left:0;top:0;"></div><center><h1>Custom Confirm</h1><form name="formbx"><input type="text" name="result" size="30"></form><a href="java script:DoFormbox('Are you sure?')">Click Me for a Confirm Box</a><br></center></body></html>

Thanks aspnetguy for scipt, But script dosen't work properly, when i add data in Text Box & Click On the Link it will take me to the Blank Page. I am Using IE 6.0+, but still no Outputs.I have save file with .html extension.Waiting for ur w/o error Script.

Archived