I'm bored out of my mind

vchris

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happens constantly, go find something on the internet and just code it to see how close you can get it to the original. OOOR, you could start your own mmorpg like every other programmer (if you already haven't).

Do you have flash? You could do this tutorial http://www.aspnetguy.com/blog/index.php/20...ation-tutorial/Or if you don't have flash you could take a screenshot of the scanned sketch and put it in Photoshop and see if you can draw it in Photoshop.BTW does this happen often (nothing to do at work)? My application for a government programming job has passed to the next stage (the stage were I wait and hope to get a call for an interview :)). I can't imagine there being constant work writing and modifying ASP pages and Access databases :)

There might be a lot of work somewhere but there is always some dead times. Like right now I'm done with some files and I sent them for evaluation so it complies with the common look & feel standards. They seem to be taking lots of time to evaluate. So in the mean time I wait. I don't have flash at work and I only have PS 6... I got better software and hardware at home :)I wanna start a project but don't know what. Maybe a site for selling stuff, a game is a lot of work or I could try to find a side contract.

There might be a lot of work somewhere but there is always some dead times. Like right now I'm done with some files and I sent them for evaluation so it complies with the common look & feel standards. They seem to be taking lots of time to evaluate. So in the mean time I wait. I don't have flash at work and I only have PS 6... I got better software and hardware at home :) I wanna start a project but don't know what. Maybe a site for selling stuff, a game is a lot of work or I could try to find a side contract.
I hear you, no flash for me and only PS6 at work too.

I have paint and ie6. This place is advanced although there is no reason to have anything else. I am also bored.

I might have found a contract. It's a website for a car dealer. There will be no selling on the website, only vehicle information... This will use PHP and MySQL. An admin panel for adding cars and the specs. This should be fun!It's not confirmed yet if it's go but I should know shortly.

Study some philosophy.
I believe George Carlin said it best:
Some people see things that are, and ask "Why?". Some people dream of things that never were, and ask "Why not?". Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that #####.
:)

:) Jonas finds his drawing tutorials at Star Wars ;pJust make something vchris. Something like...make some templates so I can get inspired haha
Yeah, that's right, I'm a geek. You can't even remember having seen starwars. What are you doing on this forum? :)

Anders Moen: Nice site! Your community is growing rapidly. You don't have a site other than the forum?EDIT: nvm found it lol

It's pretty much gone. I got a small conversion to make. Shouldn't take me much time, 2-3 days.

Anders, how is he supposed to get inspired? You are supposed to get inspired from the world, not the internet! :)Heres my remedy to get rid of boredom:Every day you have your boredom, cut off a toe or finger.

Anders, how is he supposed to get inspired? You are supposed to get inspired from the world, not the internet! :)Heres my remedy to get rid of boredom:Every day you have your boredom, cut off a toe or finger.
Being a webdeveloper, wouldn't cutting off fingers further his problem of having little to do and consequently getting bored?"There's this website I'm supposed to program, but I can't type..."

Being a webdeveloper, wouldn't cutting off fingers further his problem of having little to do and consequently getting bored?"There's this website I'm supposed to program, but I can't type..."
Sooooooo!I want that telepathic keyboard!

Archived