My Date Format Not Work

Helgeduelbeck

Guys,I'm still confuse, why my date format dnot work out ?It still return with the general date d/mm/yyyy hh:nn:ss AM/PM.My data source is come from .MDB and I call it and view by datagrid / gridview.Here's the snippet :<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="width: 100%"> <tr ><td align="center" valign="top"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tr ><td align="center" valign="top"><asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True"DataSourceID="AccessDataSource1" CssClass="tb01" AutoGenerateColumns="False"><FooterStyle CssClass="tb01-ft" /><PagerStyle CssClass="tb01-ft" ForeColor="White" /><HeaderStyle CssClass="tb01-hd" Font-Size="Small" ForeColor="White" Wrap="True" /><Columns><asp:BoundField DataField="Name" HeaderText="Name" SortExpression="Name" /><asp:BoundField DataField="Code" HeaderText="Code" SortExpression="Code" /><asp:BoundField DataField="Start" DataFormatString="{0:d}" HeaderText="Start" SortExpression="Start" /><asp:BoundField DataField="Finish" DataFormatString="{0:d}" HeaderText="Finish" SortExpression="Finish" /><asp:BoundField DataField="Building" HeaderText="Building" SortExpression="Building" /></Columns></asp:GridView></td><td align="center" valign="bottom"><asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Close" PostBackUrl="java script:self.close()" /></td> </tr></table></td></tr></table><asp:AccessDataSource ID="AccessDataSource1" runat="server" DataFile="~/App_Data/general.mdb" SelectCommand="SELECT TBL_PROJECT.NAMEPROJECT AS Name, TBL_PROJECT.STARTPROJECT AS Start, TBL_PROJECT.ENDPROJECT AS Finish, TBL_PROJECT.JOBNO AS [Job No], TBL_PROJECT.CLIENT AS Client, TBL_PROJECT.BUILDING AS Building, TBL_PROJECT.CODEPROJECT AS Code, TBL_PROJECT.IDPROJECT AS IDPROJECTFROM TBL_PROJECT"></asp:AccessDataSource>The start and finish column still displaying the long date and time format !! I already put {0:d} right ?Or may be I missed something there ? :)

Have you tried {0:dd/MM/yyyy} or {0:MM/dd/yyyy} as your DataFormatString?
Hi Jesh.I did it what you told me.. and still can't have a good result.I tried everything and ... you now what ?It solved when I try : <asp:BoundField DataField="Start" DataFormatString="{0:dd-MMM-yyyy}" HeaderText="Start" SortExpression="Start" HtmlEncode="False" ><ItemStyle Wrap="False" /></asp:BoundField>I don't the meaning of : HtmlEncode="False"And there are still another things I want but still have errors.I hope I did the right thing migrating to .NET : THERE'S A LOT OF DIFFERENCES FROM ASP !But thank you, Jesh .... for helped me. :)

Have you tried {0:dd/MM/yyyy} or {0:MM/dd/yyyy} as your DataFormatString?
Hi Jesh.I did it what you told me.. and still can't have a good result.I tried everything and ... you now what ?It solved when I try : <asp:BoundField DataField="Start" DataFormatString="{0:dd-MMM-yyyy}" HeaderText="Start" SortExpression="Start" HtmlEncode="False" ><ItemStyle Wrap="False" /></asp:BoundField>I don't understand of the meaning of : HtmlEncode="False"And there are still another things I want but still have errors.I hope I did the right thing migrating to .NET : THERE'S A LOT OF DIFFERENCES FROM ASP !But thank you, Jesh .... for helped me. :)

THERE'S A LOT OF DIFFERENCES FROM ASP !
thank goodness for that :) :)It can be a steep learning curve but once you've made it you will realize that .Net has so much more power and a much better languageHTML Encoding tells the interpreter whether to process the html charcters/tags it finds within the control or to just show them as text

Archived