Accepting Payment Online

redwall_hp

I was wondering how you'd go about accepting payments online (for web design and php coding and etc) if your under 18. I'm 15, and PayPal seems to have a clause in their ToS that limits registrations to people over 18. Just wondering if their are any viable options.

Use your parents' credit card in PayPal? With their approval of course. If not, there's no way.

Okay.... That may be doable. I assume paypal has earning-tracking pages so you can tell how much you earned?
Errr... not exactly. It has a page that shows you the balance of your account. That is, how much you have (regardless of how it got there) and how much you've spent with PayPal. There might be more detailed pages, but I haven't noticed any.

Because PayPal tracks every transaction you can review your history to get an idea of all your incoming and going transactions. If you organized yourself and only used a single PayPal account for your business transactions (and maybe create another for your personal ones) then you could conceivably see whqat you've earned by searching your transaction details for a particular period of time.If all your clients have a paypal account, you could send invoices from PayPal as well - via - "Request Money". There is enough there to run a pretty crude invoicing system if you wanted.

Remember though -- paypal takes a fee on your transaction so you get less than you bargained for. :)
As far as I've read in PayPal's help, you get exactly what you've bargained for, but when you pay with PayPal, you pay more then what you've bargained for, because they take a fee when sending money.

PayPal takes a fee for sending or receiving money - it all depends on how you look at it - either way they, like any other merchant, takes a cut. The reason a company or business might choose PayPal is because it does enable a means of accepting credit card transactions without having to possess your own credit card merchant account. As fro taking payment for services rendered (like web development) I do not think it is a good method. I'd rather have my client pay the $.40 stamp as opposed to absorbing the cost of the PayPal fee. I just don't that the fee they charged is worth the time saved in having funds available - PayPal instant receipt, but three days to deliver off line vs. mailed check for two days, and one day to clear deposited check.Get used to EVERYONE taking their cut, its just a matter how how much cost you are willing to sacrifice for the convenience.

Archived