whats this error?

shujjah

Ok, How's this: I am going to the movies right now, but if you wait til later on today(or tomorrow, as i dont know where you live), I will just rewrite your code for you because this is getting ridiculous. If you're ok with that, then just send me a PM and I'll get it the next time i login. Otherwise, ignore this post.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is my users table Field Type Collation Attributes Null Default Extra Action id int(11) No auto_increment username varchar(100) latin1_general_ci No password varchar(40) latin1_general_ci No email varchar(100) latin1_general_ci No access int(11) No Check All / Uncheck All With selected: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------anyways i think i will you ( Jhecht ) my scripts so that u can make them better. and since i am learning if u do anything new plz write a comment about that in the script. Thanks a lot :)

ok now what i am thinking is of creating a whole game system.kinda like thisafter the review are done i will do the same kinda sytem with preview and may be with cheats alsoand i want to have a table like this ( hopefully i will have that :) )http://games.teamxbox.com/but now comes the real part first of all how does this a,b,c,d,e,f .... thing work how to create this so that when someone goes to b for eg onyl games starting with b are shown.and secondly lets say for eg someone goes to this game http://games.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1820/LE...-working-title/then similarly i want to have something like this like the links to preview,review,screenshots etc on the top in a line. And if a for eg review is also submitted for the same game then the review link will be clickable and it will take the user to that review.So how can i do that i am thinking there will be a simple select query which will select from previews,reviews etc where title == the title of the game opened and platform == the platform of the game opened.But how do make it that if any rows were found then the link should be clickable and if not then it should be not?Once again i would like to say thanks to jhecht and many others like justsomeguy etc who are helping me on my site's project :)

See this is something i had to make a decision on when i was helping you write your script. How i would do something like that is i would have a javascript/php thing that would first require (when submitting a review) to check and see if the game was already submitted. If not, then they would just click the "the game isn't here." which would allow them to make a new game entry(adding the boxart and etc). When they find the game entry they want, it would update 2 fields on the other page(the first being a text element, the second being a hidden element which holds the ID of the row they are reviewing. Then you would have categories like review, screenshots, etc etc. And that would take care of that. But that is just how i would do it.

Archived