Adobe Photoshop.

imrie

Hello,I have heard that it is possible to create a webpage on photoshop using layers etc. then use the save for web command to create the image and then use CSS to postion it. Has anyone ever done this before? because i need some help on how to do this. (i can create the image its just the getting it onto the webpage aspect.)Thanks.

Hello,I have heard that it is possible to create a webpage on photoshop using layers etc. then use the save for web command to create the image and then use CSS to postion it. Has anyone ever done this before? because i need some help on how to do this. (i can create the image its just the getting it onto the webpage aspect.)Thanks.
I've never done it myself, although I'm tempted to try it to see if it can be done...However, the "Save for web" command allows you to choose pre-set, "web-safe" options for a filetype. It removes all evidence of layers, so I'm not sure if your instructions are correct.You could design the page in Photoshop, with everything positioned where you want it, so that you basically had a screenshot of the webpage before you'd made it.Then if you had the image as the background of the webpage, you would have a guide for where to position the elements on the page using CSS.I know that you can use Photoshop to create a photo gallery web page/site, but I've never heard of it being able to create a webpage from an image.

Hmmm, i had a shot at it and created a background image which had a header image on it. I used a CSS command to set it as the background image and it only filled 4/5 of the screen. I tried with the body background=" and had a similar result despite setting the image on photoshop to width 100% and height 100%.

I think it is possible, however the code that is generated by it is very messy, and rigid: "create and forget" lol :) . It would be much better, in my opinion, to create individual graphics then combine them together by hand. Then at least you know what the code on the page means, and can add Server Side code and other things easily. :)

ok make a layout slice out the pieces and then go to file save for web. then select the name and under that select html and images and then save. it will create a html file and a folder called images where all the sliced will be .

ok make a layout slice out the pieces and then go to file save for web. then select the name and under that select html and images and then save. it will create a html file and a folder called images where all the sliced will be .
I can have some fun with that trick. The coding doesn't look that messy, any html coder can fix it anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

I use ps to create most of my ###### for websites included the layouts, slice'ing has allways worked great and i think the code is verry clean and normal :).. But the site must not be like a "box" that is totally connected, becouse if you have, etc a "frame" that you have outer glow on, then you must slice every thing, the sides, top, and middle, if not you will have a total mess on the site :)... you probz allready knew that but just had to say it :) hehe..-Kristian_C

• 1 month later...

Archived