Installing CF on Apache WS

vchris

I got XAMPP running no problem. PHP pages are working fine. Only problem is CF pages, they are not being interpreted by the ColdFusion. When installing ColdFusion it's asking me for the config folder of Apache so I pointed to the folder named conf which is simple enough. Then it asked for the binary file for the installation or something like that from Apache. That's where I'm not sure. I think I pointed to apache/bin/httpd.exe. Is that right? Could this have anything to do with CF pages not working?edit: I reinstalled choosing apache/bin/apache.exe but doesn't seem to make any difference.

I've been playing with it for a while but for some strange reason it says port 51011 is blocked when installing CF. After installing CF I can't restart Apache...In the worst case is it possible to run 2 webservers maybe not at the same time. I would run the CF server for CF and Apache for mysql and php.

I've tried to run CF on Apache, and I've had similar problems too. At least with 7. I don't know if 8 fixes those.Anyhow, first and by far the most important, turn off any antivirus program you might have when (un)installing. The program doesn't really interfere (since there are no viruses in the package), but the fact it actually does checking disturbs the Cold Fusion installer. And I use NOD32, which is a very light antivirus. I can't even start to imagine what nightmare must Avast or Notron be.Also, when installing CF, use the Single Server installation and do NOT directly feed the Apache info from there. Finish the installation with the default CF web server. After that is done, start the administator window so that everything initializes properly. You'll know everything is OK once you can look at the configuration panel with the default web server.Only NOW, you can go to the web server configuration, located somewhere at the start menu. I'm not sure how it was really called, as I don't have CF now (I had a reinstallation or two of my OS since back then), but there should be Add, Remove and Close buttons. Add a server, specify it's Apache, and give the config folder and Apache binary as with the installation window.IMPORTANT: Remember to turn off the antivirus even when uninstalling! Otherwise, the installer will crash and it's likely the whole OS will go with it.

Thanks boen this helps a lot!I might try CF 8 to see what results I get. if that doesn't work I'll follow your directions. I also have NOD32.

Well I got CF7 working but only as a stand alone webserver. I don't see the option in the admin panel to change the webserver to apache...

Well I got CF7 working but only as a stand alone webserver. I don't see the option in the admin panel to change the webserver to apache...
It's not in the admin panel (the one you see in a browser). It's located somewhere at the start menu and launches a new window (desktop application). You don't change the server to Apache, you only add Apache. I don't know how you could disable the CF web server afterwards. You could block it from the firewall to disable it for others, but the server would still be on.

Oh ok I know exactly what you mean. I had that command prompt command which would pop-up this dialog box to add a webserver to CF. I can try that but it didn't seem to work to well earlier. I might just keep what I got right now.

Yeah. It doesn't work well when the installation has been done with antivirus on.BTW, when CF is running properly, you still have to disable NOD32's IMON in order to actually parse Cold Fusion. I mean, Apache will work, CF files will be interpreted, but your browser will crash when you view a CF page because of IMON.

What about the admin page? That's CF right? I'm pretty sure I had NOD32 working when viewing it.
On the CF web server, yes, but on Apache - no.

• 1 year later...

I recently installed XAMPP on my server. Everything is running well. I then installed ColdFusion 8. Coldfusion pages seem to be parsed great. The only problem I seem to have is accessing the CF admin panel. All I get is a prompt to download ../CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm. But if I have a CF test page in the root of my webserver docs, it's parsed no problem. Any idea?

Archived