fseek()

IamTK

How do i use Fseek() without having fwrite() replace whatever's there before?Like I want to seek the pointer to a certain spot, then use fwrite to write something there without replacing what's there already.And how do I move the pointer down instead of just to the right? Fseek only moves the pointer to the right on the same line of code, I want to be able to move up and down rows, how can i do that?Edit: No help? Do I need to make this more clear?

How are you opening the file? The fwrite function behaves differently with the different modes of opening the file.Also, files do not have rows. A file is a string of bytes. If you have a file with 3 lines in it, it looks like this:line 1\nline 2\nline 3There aren't any "rows" in the file, just a sequence of characters. If the text reader gets to a newline character then it will display it as a line break, it doesn't mean that in the actual file one line ends and another one begins, a newline is just a normal character like any other character.

Archived