email all site members

bluetoother

i built a simple forumwhen any user register in the forumhe has to fill his email address as a required fieldso i can contact members and notify them for any new event through emaili built this function send_email to serve in sending emails with out entering mail server access details once send email action is started by any page .suppose i added new feature in the forum and i want to invite all members to see it by sending email to them once i click a button in my forum control panel.i can write the needed scripts for this action .but iam afraid sending too many emails in few moments will notify my mail server ( Google ) that this email is spam ,, and close the gate provided for me using SMTP Gmail through phpmailer .the second issue will appear after i pass the first one is yahoo classifications for spam mails ,,most forum members use yahoo email, forum members now get emails from my web site in their inbox . iam afraid sending this large amount of emails in few moments change yahoo's idea about me and consider this email sender is an attacker and put my email in bulk folder in user's email accounts .i don't know if i have to get afraid of these issues ,, maybe it wont happen ,, but i cannot do such thing before i make sure that Google wont block my SMTP gate and yahoo wont send my email to the bulk folder .is there a way to prevent this when i want to invite site members to see new feature ?can u guide me to such topics in the Internet ?or provide keywords to start search about such topics .what is the name of this process : sending large amount of emails in few seconds ?

what is the name of this process : sending large amount of emails in few seconds ?
I don't think it's called a process. This is just called spam. When you send the emails, can't you add a time to each email so that it won't be considered spam? Like every 15 minutes or so, or every chunk of registered members, just send to those members. In the SQL database, add a different field to chunks of members and have the email set up for those members, and do the same for other members. That's really the only way I can think of to stop the email providers from thinking it's spam. You could contact Google and Yahoo to see what they will consider spam.

Archived