ORACLE

Masroor Hussain

For the most part SQL is the same no matter the platform whether Oracle, SQL Server, or MySQL. W3Schools does teach any database platform just the query language used by all platforms (SQL). If you need to know the particulars of a certain database platform they all come with good documentation for you to read.

For the most part SQL is the same no matter the platform whether Oracle, SQL Server, or MySQL. W3Schools does teach any database platform just the query language used by all platforms (SQL). If you need to know the particulars of a certain database platform they all come with good documentation for you to read.
You mean ORACLE & SQL r 100% same?

no, Oracle is a database platform and SQL is a language to query database platforms.Every platform (Oracle, DB2, MySQL, SQL Server, etc all use SQL to run queries. Learn the SQL tutorial and you will be fine.

no, Oracle is a database platform and SQL is a language to query database platforms.Every platform (Oracle, DB2, MySQL, SQL Server, etc all use SQL to run queries. Learn the SQL tutorial and you will be fine.
Im student of BS(CS) 3rd year, now we will start ORACLE & there r two types in our course one is ORACLE DEVELOPER & other is DBA.So which is good plz guide me.And SQL is valueable or ORACLE?Plz don't mind on my foolish questions.

Im student of BS(CS) 3rd year, now we will start ORACLE & there r two types in our course one is ORACLE DEVELOPER & other is DBA.So which is good plz guide me.
Both are good, depending on what you really want to do. I'm not sure what Oracle Developer would mean, though I'm guessing it would mean Database Administration exclusively with Oracle. Just DBA (assuming it stantds for "DataBase Administration") sounds more general, making it better if you aren't planning to use only Oracle. If you DO want to use only Oracle though, the Oracle Developer course sounds better.
And SQL is valueable or ORACLE?
SQL is valueable in Oracle. It's not like you have a choise here. You need SQL before you can use Oracle. Once you know SQL, you can learn the Oracle API (i.e. learn exactly how Oracle uses SQL) and the specifics to the SQL language in Oracle. The commons are still the same - just the details about things you won't do that often.

Oracle Developer sounds like someone who programs applications using the Oracle database management system. Oracle DBA would be someone who is in charge of running and maintaining the Oracle server and making sure that everything is optimized. That means indexing the tables, maybe writing stored procedures for common tasks, etc. Many large organizations have DBAs that only work with the database servers and don't do a lot of programming. Also, many large organizations use Oracle. Taking courses to learn how to either develop or administrate Oracle would help you learn marketable skills that will make you more appealing to large companies using Oracle. While Oracle and other DBMSs use SQL to interact with the database, pretty much every DBMS extends SQL with their own special features. I'm not sure what Oracle does differently then others, but Microsoft SQL Server, for example, uses a language called Transact-SQL or T-SQL that has several functions and features specific to the Microsoft platform. MySQL also includes many MySQL-specific things that make it easier to use MySQL but that aren't a part of the official SQL standard. The Oracle Developer course would probably teach you the differences between standard SQL and the Oracle implementation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived