May I know what's wrong with this unsubscribe link ? Thanks.

moneytree

Hi,I had created an unsubscribe link as follow in every outgoing newsletter in order to allow subscriber to unsubscribe mynewsletter.<a href="mailto:unsubscribe@yourdomain.com">unsubscribe</a>With the above html code,it should display only the word "unsubscribe" with a blue underline,right ?However,when I carried out a test by opt-in to my webform and received the newsletter,the unsubscribe link became no working ! Instead of dispaly only the word - unsubscribe with blue underline,it shown the whole html code <a href="mailto......>unsubscribe</a>.May I know what's wrong with it ?What's the safer html code,way to include this unsubscribe link in the newsletter in order it to arrived in working condition in different email service provoder eg yahoo,hotmail..etc ?Many thanks for your time and effort in helping me.Best regardsmanicui

You have to give your e-mails the content-type header with text/html as the value. Currently you are sending them as text/plain, which means that none of the code is parsed. In PHP it would be done such:

mail($to, $subject, $message, "Content-Type: text/html\r\n");

Err... in the $message parameter along with the rest of your message.What does the code you are currently using to send the mail look like?

Hi Synook,I don't any code which provided by email service provider like getresponder. I don't engaged their service as I am using my autoresponder which provided by my web hosting company.Did I answer your question ?Thank you.Best regardsmanicui

Hi Synook,Many thanks for your replied to my query over unsubscribe link issue.I think it's better to use plain text rather than html code to send my newsletter.However,I had just discovered that when I sent my newsletter which included the email address with this format - unsubscribe@yourdomain.com,it had no problem when it arrived in yahoo and google email accout as it's clickable for reply,but,not for hotmail as it's just a plain text without blue colour and underline !Is there any solution for email address to be clickable in all email account which provided by different ISP ?Thank you.Best regardsmanicui

However,I had just discovered that when I sent my newsletter which included the email address with this format - unsubscribe@yourdomain.com,it had no problem when it arrived in yahoo and google email accout as it's clickable for reply,but,not for hotmail as it's just a plain text without blue colour and underline !
Some mail agents will parse URLs other linkable content into Hyperlinks. Some don't. The only way to make sure it is is to make the e-mail HTML.
I don't any code which provided by email service provider like getresponder. I don't engaged their service as I am using my autoresponder which provided by my web hosting company.
Umm..? What does that auto-responder code look like?

Hi Synook,Many thanks for your replied to my query.I think I will tried to use html code instead of plain text to send out messages with the unsubscribe link to solve this issue.May I ask you about the confirm opt-in issue ?Basically,I need a "similar" link as shown below to be send to the subscriber.Please click this link now to confirm your email address:http://yourdomain.com/listmail/confirm.php?u=b2ad1a5The download link for your *free ebbok* gift package will be emailed to you immediatelyHowever,I believed this link is done for those people who had subscribed to email services from those companies eg,getrespond...etc.Is there anyway this similar link can be done through the autoresponder which provided by my web hosting company ? Can I make used of the multiple subdomain name eg,confirm@yourdomai.com to achieved this function ?Is there any better way to get it done ?Many thanks for your time and effort in helping me.Best regardsmanicui

May I ask you about the confirm opt-in issue ?
That can be done easily in PHP with a little help from a database. Umm... are you willing to write some code?

Hi Synook,You mentioned about writting some code,yes,I'm willing to do it.But,how to write it ? Would you mind to teach me ? Is this code has to be insert into my home page,index.php ?Basically,the main objective for a confirm opt-in is to avoid any spamming issue.When a subscriber opt-in with his/her details into the webform for newsletter,the first email will be send out with this confirm opt-in link,the subscriber has to click on this link in order to receive a second email with a down load link for the newsletter they had opt-in for it.As I don't subscribed to any email services provided by those companies,eg,getrespond...etc.I am just using my autoresponder which provided by my web hosting company for this purpose,can it be done ? Many thanks for your time and efforts in helping me.Best regardsmanicui

Archived