Webform failed to send out newsletter to subscriber.

moneytree

Hi everyone,I had made some changes over my webform's code in order to make it work.Now,it's working with the validate function,but,it failed to send out an autoresponder's message ( newsletter ) to subscriber who had opt-in through webform on my site !May I know what's wrong with my code ?Please kindly review my site at www.moneymakeyourich.comMany thanks for your time and efforts in helping me.Best regardsmanicui

Matt [?] built a whole library of CGI helpers, mostly in Perl.manicui, have you read all the documentation and customized formmail so it will do what you want?ANDare you sure you can't get the same performance using PHP's mail() command? It's so simple.

Hi Deirdre's Dad,Yes,I had inserted my domain name into the formmail.pl.I had discovered that the alphabet " e " in the word of " email " in my webform will function differently with the lowercase and uppercase.With uppercase " Email ",it will display firstname,lastname and email address of the subscriber in the thank you page after the subscriber filled in their particular and clicked on the submit button.But,it never send out the newsletter to the subscriber after the opt-in.With the lowercase " email ",it only display the firstname and lastname of the subscriber without the email address,but,it send out the newsletter to the subscriber.I need to display the firstname,lastname and email address of the subscriber in the thank you page,at the same time,send out the newsletter to him.May I know what's went wrong with my webform and formmail.pl ?Regarding your suggestion by using PHP's mail() command,to be honest with you,I had just learnt some basic code on html ! Php is new to me ! Would you mind show me the php code ? Thank you for your time and effort in helping me.Best regardsmanicui

I'm not surprised. I don't like formmail. PHP mail() is very simple, assuming you understand a little PHP to begin with. Here's a link to the manual page, which has several examples. If you need more help understanding how to use that, just post again.

Hi Deirdre's Dad,Many thanks for your recommendation of manual page,I had view that web site and found it's really a useful tool to learn php.It's really nice to have you in this forum to helped newbie and share your useful resources with me.Thank you.Best regardsmanicui

Archived