Do I need to submit my site to search engine companies ?

moneytree

Hi everyone,My web site is about to publish to the world,however,I have some doubts over the submission of it to major search engine companies as follow :1 ) I had entered my web site address into Google,Yahoo and even Alexa to checked whether is there any info for it.I had found that it had 400 plus for Google,30 plus for Yahoo showing my site,Alexa shown my site's traffic ranking is 7,510,235,may I know what's it all about to tell my site ? Do I need to submit my site again ?2 ) I also found that those site of mine show in Google,Yahoo and Alexa are my queries posted in your forum and others like how to write java script for webform,request for site review....etc. It seems like not so good to show to people who are searching the info of my site ! Does that means all these info will come up forever to people who are searching for my site ?What should I do about it ? Many thanks for your time and effort in helping me on this issue.Best regardsManicui

1 ) I had entered my web site address into Google,Yahoo and even Alexa to checked whether is there any info for it.I had found that it had 400 plus for Google,30 plus for Yahoo showing my site,Alexa shown my site's traffic ranking is 7,510,235,may I know what's it all about to tell my site ? Do I need to submit my site again ?
Do you mean 400 results? That means that your site's name or your search term isn't very specific / unique (thyough 400 is actually very small, and 30 extremely so). Traffic ranking isn't affected by how many times you submit your site, I can't remember their algorithm but the lower the better. So... just wait for more people to come :)
2 ) I also found that those site of mine show in Google,Yahoo and Alexa are my queries posted in your forum and others like how to write java script for webform,request for site review....etc. It seems like not so good to show to people who are searching the info of my site !Does that means all these info will come up forever to people who are searching for my site ?
Yes - its indexed by Google and will appear in results until this site disappears. The ranking of those pages will decrease with time though and eventually they will disappear from the first page, then the second page, etc.
What should I do about it ?
Umm... theres nothing much you can do. If those results are appearing above your site then of course you will need to improve your site's SEO.

Archived