document.getElementById(...)is leeg of geen object

Guest Juiice

keep getting that error when I open my page in internet explorer... can't seem to find out what it is that I am doing wrong :SThe main page is located at http://homepages.adc.fcj.hvu.nl/1182816/portfolio/home.htm and the javascript is located at http://homepages.adc.fcj.hvu.nl/1182816/po.../styles/home.jsIf you got any clue what might be wrong, please say so becouse I am completely new at javascripting.

Nope, not allowed.En Juiice, om die fout uit te leggen: als er een foutmelding wordt weergegeven dat .getSomeThing(...) leeg is of geen object is, betekent dat, dat die instructie niet gevonden kan worden op je document :(In dit geval was het dat je opgegeven hebt dat het moet zoeken naar een element met een speciaal ID naam, maar niet WELK :) En tja, dan kan hij het niet vinden ook :)Je zou het zo moeten schrijven:if (document.getElementById("een_of_andere_ID")){...}Deze instructie vraagt of dat element aanwezig is, zo ja, dan voert het de script regels tussen ze accolades uit :DTranslation: what that error meant, and how she should prevent that error specially in this situation.

Nope, not allowed.En Juiice, om die fout uit te leggen: als er een foutmelding wordt weergegeven dat .getSomeThing(...) leeg is of geen object is, betekent dat, dat die instructie niet gevonden kan worden op je document :DIn dit geval was het dat je opgegeven hebt dat het moet zoeken naar een element met een speciaal ID naam, maar niet WELK :) En tja, dan kan hij het niet vinden ook :)Je zou het zo moeten schrijven:if (document.getElementById("een_of_andere_ID")){...}Deze instructie vraagt of dat element aanwezig is, zo ja, dan voert het de script regels tussen ze accolades uit :)Translation: what that error meant, and how she should prevent that error specially in this situation.

Psh, yeah. Totally got that... :(

Maybe in Dhtml, you could be right. I don't recognise it inside JavaScript used in Xhtml, nor when used in Html (does that make any difference :) ?)But according to me, GetElemetById should also define which Id, don't blame me if I'm still wrong; I'm no expert, only read lots of codes. Never found it without the Id definition :D@ Jonas & Chocolate570: I just explained in Dutch because I instandly recognised my own laguage in her Error message :(Tried to make it clear to you :)

Translation: what that error meant, and how she should prevent that error specially in this situation.