How To Open a .avi-file with VBScript??

Erwin01

hey you code-masters :)I've got a little vbscript excisting 1 from (Yes and No)I would like when Users click on vbYes a .avi file gets opened...for example the path is E:\Video\test.avican sombody help me?thnksErwin de Brouwer

You want them to open something from your hard-drive? :)

Could always do it using wScript.shell?

OPTION EXPLICIT dim wins, yourprog, yourfileSet wins = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")yourprog = "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe"yourfile = CHR(34) & "C:\Windows\Desktop\YOURFILE.avi" & CHR(34)'You need to quote the file you're putting in, as you would in'start, run.. so the chr(34) does that (double-quote)wins.Run CHR(34) & yourprog & CHR(34) & yourfile, 0, "FALSE"

OPTION EXPLICIT dim wins, yourprog, yourfileSet wins = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")yourprog = "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe"yourfile = CHR(34) & "C:\Windows\Desktop\YOURFILE.avi" & CHR(34)'You need to quote the file you're putting in, as you would in'start, run.. so the chr(34) does that (double-quote)ws.Run CHR(34) & yourprog & CHR(34) & yourfile, 0, "FALSE"

thnx, but where should I paste this into my vbsript? After the part wich is:

if choice = vbYes Then....

thank you for helping me... :)--- by the way... when I paste it like this in a new VBScript, there is a Runtimerror on line 12, 1st caracter: ws.Run

thnx, but where should I paste this into my vbsript? After the part wich is: thank you for helping me... :)--- by the way... when I paste it like this in a new VBScript, there is a Runtimerror on line 12, 1st caracter: ws.Run
OK, I've got it right now , thank you all very much !!! :)