How to use image as button?

aic007

Hi all.I have a question regarding a button, which I have made in visual studio.knappcu8.jpgThe code is:Button button;Label lblSearch = new Label();txtSearch = new TextBox();button = new Button();button.Click += new EventHandler(button_Click);button.Text = "Søk";I have an image, named buttonImage, which I want to use instead of custom text. How can I accomplish that?Regards.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the answer. I have another question, how can I decide the size of my fields in a gridview?To format the rows I use this code: this.gridView.RowStyle.CssClass="oddetallslinjer";but I don't know how to format the cells.. any ideas?

Thanks for the answer. I have another question, how can I decide the size of my fields in a gridview?To format the rows I use this code: this.gridView.RowStyle.CssClass="oddetallslinjer";but I don't know how to format the cells.. any ideas?
If you want to change the size, for example, you can do as follows:this.gridview.RowStyle.Width = "100"this.gridview.RowStyle.Height = "200"(= size in pixels)or make a class in your stylesheet:.oddetallslinjer { background-color: Blue; }etc

If you want to change the size, for example, you can do as follows:this.gridview.RowStyle.Width = "100"this.gridview.RowStyle.Height = "200"(= size in pixels)or make a class in your stylesheet:.oddetallslinjer { background-color: Blue; }etc
Hi Emiel.Thanks for answering.I get my fields like this:this.gridView.Columns.Add(GetColumn("Mobil nr, arbeid", null, "Mobil", true, true));From this code I will get "Mobil nr" displayed as the text of the field. Is there a way to specify the size of this field only?:-)

Thanks. I'll look at it. :-)I have another question though. I used the ImageButton control to use a picture from css - file as a button, and it works, but I get a red cross on the button also in addition. The red cross looks like a red cross that you see when you are on a web site and can't see a picture.This is my code:ImageButton imgBtn;imgBtn = new ImageButton();imgBtn.Click += new ImageClickEventHandler(imgBtn_Click);imgBtn.CssClass = "SokKnappBilde";I suspect it has something to do with me not having defined any picture paths in this code, but do I need to do that?Is there a way to get rid of that red cross?This is how the button looks like. (see picture on the left)utennavnfk5.jpg

Thanks. I'll look at it. :-)I have another question though. I used the ImageButton control to use a picture from css - file as a button, and it works, but I get a red cross on the button also in addition. The red cross looks like a red cross that you see when you are on a web site and can't see a picture.This is my code:ImageButton imgBtn;imgBtn = new ImageButton();imgBtn.Click += new ImageClickEventHandler(imgBtn_Click);imgBtn.CssClass = "SokKnappBilde";I suspect it has something to do with me not having defined any picture paths in this code, but do I need to do that?Is there a way to get rid of that red cross?This is how the button looks like. (see picture on the left)utennavnfk5.jpg
Yes try doing the same thing with a regular Button and ImageButton requires you to specify an image

Hi.I have tried with a regular button, but it doesn't look good. utennavnuw3.jpgIt looks like an image attached on a button, but I want it to use image only as button. Any ideas how I can accheive that? This is my code:Button btn;btn = new Button();btn.Click += new EventHandler(btn_Click);btn.Text = "Søk";btn.CssClass = "SokKnappBilde";css:.SokKnappBilde{ float:left; margin:-22px 285px -3px 240px; background-image:url('../../../images/knapp-sok.PNG'); width:75px; height:20px;}:-)

Hi again.I solved the problem by using ImageButton and then giving it an imageurl. imgBtn.CssClass = "SokKnappBilde";imgBtn.ImageUrl = "../../../knapp-sok.PNG";.SokKnappBilde{ float:left; margin:-24px 285px -3px 240px; width:75px; height:22px;}Thanks alot for giving me tips. Your assistance is most appreciated. I have another problem though, which I need to sort out. A problem regarding gridview.I get data from SQL, and need to decide the width of my columns, I want my cells to have static widht.This is my code:protected override void CreateChildControls(){try{this.gridView = new GridView();this.gridView.PageSize = 60;this.gridView.AllowSorting = true;this.gridView.AutoGenerateColumns = false;this.gridView.Sorting += new GridViewSortEventHandler(Grid_Sorting); this.gridView.PageIndexChanging += new GridViewPageEventHandler(gridView_PageIndexChanging);this.gridView.RowDataBound += new GridViewRowEventHandler(gridView_RowDataBound);/*Here I get my fields, and I want to change the width of theese fields*/this.gridView.Columns.Add(GetColumn("adresse", null, "Adresse", true, true));this.gridView.Columns.Add(GetColumn("telefon", null, "Tlf", true, true));//TableTable tbl = new Table();TableRow row1 = new TableRow();TableRow row2 = new TableRow();TableCell cell1 = new TableCell();TableCell cell2 = new TableCell();tbl.Controls.Add(row1);row1.Controls.Add(cell1);tbl.Controls.Add(row2);row2.Controls.Add(cell2);this.Controls.Add(tbl);}Any tips for me :-)Regards.

Archived