HTML Tutorial and Reference

kaijim

• 1 year later...
What is and where do I find the OSX? If I can find the OSX I believe I can follow from there. I am running Windows XP. Is there anyway whatsoever you can help me? I really need to learn HTML and I will not give up until I succeed. We will not worry about step 4 at this time. I just need to know where the OSX is.
I think OSX refers to the operating system on a Mac. If you are using any kind of PC then notepad is all you need. I'm not aware of any OSX in a PC environment.Hope this helps, greenbeltsorry didn't read to page 2. Edited by greenbelt

What is and where do I find the OSX? If I can find the OSX I believe I can follow from there. I am running Windows XP. Is there anyway whatsoever you can help me? I really need to learn HTML and I will not give up until I succeed. We will not worry about step 4 at this time. I just need to know where the OSX is.
One of the steps was intended for Windows users, and the other was intended for Mac OS X users.Just like Windows runs on your computer, Mac OS X runs on Macs. The two are entirely different, just like driving two completely different cars.It sounds like you own a Windows computer, so don't worry about OS X or SimpleText/TextEdit.You have Windows, so you'll use Notepad. Mac users will use SimpleText or TextEdit.

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

This tutorial is very nice especially for people who wants to learn we designing for the first time! I really enjoy it. :good:

Nothing earth-shattering, just an observation really:The color attribute, I understood, is removed in HTML5. But one item, the <HR/> tag still supports it. I wonder if this is intended to remain, or if it was an oversight.

Presentational attributes were deprecated in HTML 4.01 (They were valid in HTML 3.2)I don't think there ever was a "color" attribute. No color attribute appears in the list of attributes here: http://w3schools.com/tags/tag_hr.asp All presentational attributes are removed in HTML 5. Here's the page the the <hr> element in HTML 5, the color attribute is not present: http://w3schools.com/html5/tag_hr.asp

That is non-standard behavior so it may not work in all browsers. You should only use standard elements and attributes if you want to code a website professionally.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm new too for html world , I wondered what is the meaning of "deprecated"Anyway the guide is good for the begginer like i am :Happy:

Edited by ConteRosso

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, I tried my best not to trouble you guys with simple questions. Below I pasted instructions from the tutorial on this post. I got the first two lines down to a science 1) If you are running Windows, start Notepad. 2) If you are on a Mac, start SimpleText. The next line and on is where I threw in the towel. 3) In OSX start TextEdit and change the following preferences: Open the the "Format" menu and select "Plain text" instead of "Rich text". Then open the "Preferences" window under the "Text Edit" menu and select "Ignore rich text commands in HTML files". Your HTML code will probably not work if you do not change the preferences above! What is and where do I find the OSX? If I can find the OSX I believe I can follow from there. I am running Windows XP. Is there anyway whatsoever you can help me? I really need to learn HTML and I will not give up until I succeed. We will not worry about step 4 at this time. I just need to know where the OSX is. ThanksJames
thanks for the advice of his

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am trying to figure out how, if i have an image of a video, i want the user to click on the image then it opens a popup window with a fixed size...the video would be from a youtube video... Problems I occur 1. Can't figure out how to have the image and the video url in the same code. 2. When I kind of figured it out, the window would pop up with the full youtube sight, i just need it to be the video. Please help. Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

I learned to use iframe here. Yeppee! Anyway, I have created a site using OptimizePress (hope that's not a bad word around here) because I don't really know html yet. The work I do is in Direct Sales or Network Marketing and the company I am with provides a replicated website which doesn't do much good (useless) for my marketing purposes. So, I'm attempting to use iframe (using html) to create a page inwhich to market to my customers. The problem I am having is the allotted space the replicated site provides seems to be too small to accommodate my OptimizePress Site and is cutting off a portion of the page. Is there a "work-around" to get the OptimizePress Page to "fit" within the replicated site? You may CLICK HERE to view the page to obtain a better understanding of this issue. If there is not a way to achieve this then, are you able to offer some suggestions? Thanking you in advance. Chris

Edited by cdcolo

• 2 months later...
Greetings, I have checked out the turorials, and I am a bit confused about something trivial. I am very new at this game :Unsure: so here goes. In order to test my HTML page I can just save it on a browser and then open it, or so I have to upload to a server to test them??? :(:huh:

Hello there, No need to upload it to server, just save it on your browser and compile it. There is the output what do you want.