VBscript classes?

tdope21

I am somewhat new to VBScript and ASP and have been asked to stray away from the Java and Struts that I am familiar and comfortable with and build classes in VBScript. I have dug around online and have not found too many great working examples of class usage or the Global.asa.I've seen a lot of "document.write(put something here)" but other than that.. not a whole lot.Thanks in advance."..fix it til it's broke.."

• 2 months later...
Guest Stefán Örvarr Sigmundsson

The only advice I can give you is, study modern programming languages:VBScript -> JavaScriptASP -> ASP.NETJava -> C#

VBScript has almost no object orientation. It is object based, but as to creating your own classes, there is not much you can do.You could do it in VB.NET, though I'm not sure that has an ASP.NET implementation.

• 3 months later...

I am new to this as well. Reason why I'm trying to learn more VBScript is because I have a few web apps that are in the classic ASP.I just recently took a class on Visual Studio 2008 with a focus on VB. In this class I was told that VBScript only works on IE. So if you have user using different platforms probably better off with JavaScript. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Archived