.swf buttons not working in IE?

incorruptus

Hey guys, Ive used .swf buttons embedded in my html, just simple rollovers, works perfectly in firefox, but in IE one have to click on the button before the rollover activates... how strange?any ideas why this is happening?

Internet Explorer lost some kind of patent infringement and aren't allowed to have embedded content without clicking to activate. There's a way around it, by loading the document through Javascript.You can also try to make rollover effects with Javascript, CSS, HTML and animated GIFs. Having HTML links is more friendly for search engines.

Well, doesnt that just ######...!See, the reason Im using .swf buttons is because Im using niftycube to round my corners, and the swf's works perfectly with niftycube. I tried using rollover image buttons, but I think the niftycube Java and rollover Java isnt compatible so it cancels out the rounded corners... I dont know anything about Java so I dont know how to make it compatible...

Internet Explorer lost some kind of patent infringement and aren't allowed to have embedded content without clicking to activate. There's a way around it, by loading the document through Javascript.tell me more about this loading thingy?

I heard that Microsoft released a Windows Update to solve that problem for Internet Explorer in April, you may be using an older version of Internet Explorer or haven't installed Windows Updates.Anyways, they explain how to get around it here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537508.aspx

Internet Explorer lost some kind of patent infringement and aren't allowed to have embedded content without clicking to activate. There's a way around it, by loading the document through Javascript.You can also try to make rollover effects with Javascript, CSS, HTML and animated GIFs. Having HTML links is more friendly for search engines.
That's really interesting, I never knew that but it makes a lot of sense now come to think of it.

Archived