which one is better ?

smiles

well , I want to ask a question ! so you have an Web effect that can written by browser script and server script , so if you are allowed to choose , you let your WebEffect runs by your Browser , or your Server , which one is better ??? Thanks !

well , I want to ask a question ! so you have an Web effect that can written by browser script and server script , so if you are allowed to choose , you let your WebEffect runs by your Browser , or your Server , which one is better ??? Thanks !

Depends on what the "web effect" is?Usually I say server-side scripting, because it's not dependant on the user agent.Some user agents might have client-side scripting turned off, or they're using a user agent that doesn't even support client-side scripting.

basically what the names inply...serverside code is run on the server while clientside code is run on each individual users pc.If you run everything as serverside code you have 100% control on what it can do because it is running on your server...but with clientside, users all have different browsers with different settings, you have to try and accommodate all the diffrent browsers and try and foresee problems with possible settings the user has on their pc (which in some cases is impossible).

basically what the names inply...serverside code is run on the server while clientside code is run on each individual users pc.If you run everything as serverside code you have 100% control on what it can do because it is running on your server...but with clientside, users all have different browsers with different settings, you have to try and accommodate all the diffrent browsers and try and foresee problems with possible settings the user has on their pc (which in some cases is impossible).

:) I think that the drawback of server side script is that we cann't check the result easily , like serverside examples in w3 , we can't view what we change !!!and do you know why ???

that is true it takes more work to do that with server side unless you are using ASP.Net. .Net allows you to fillout the form, check the form, and process the form all on the same page easily.

Another disadvantage of Server Side for some sites is that it can bog down the server itself because it will have to do all of the processing versus letting the user's computer do some of it. This isn't a huge factor for most sites, but should be noted in the conversation at least.

Another disadvantage of Server Side for some sites is that it can bog down the server itself because it will have to do all of the processing versus letting the user's computer do some of it. This isn't a huge factor for most sites, but should be noted in the conversation at least.

This is actually a relavant issue if you are on a Shared Server or the Server is old/slow

This is actually a relavant issue if you are on a Shared Server or the Server is old/slow

... and we can't view server code in source code :) ... and HTML , CSS what should we call it , which kind of script ???do you know anysite give free server code ( like javascript.internet.com for client code )

... and we can't view server code in source code  :) ... and HTML , CSS what should we call it , which kind of script ???do you know anysite give free server code  ( like javascript.internet.com for client code )

a.) you can;t see server side source code becuase by the time it has reached your browser, it has been processed by the server - thus returning to you, HTML - since thats all your web browser can understand.b.) w3schools offers free server side code - all the tutorials for php and asp show you examples. you have to write it on your own

... and we can't view server code in source code  :) ... and HTML , CSS what should we call it , which kind of script ???do you know anysite give free server code  ( like javascript.internet.com for client code )

http://php.net is the best place for PHP examples.They don't "give" you pre-made scripts (usually) but they do explain what each fuction does and gives good examples of how to use them.W3Schools doesn't "give" you scripts either, but very very basic examples :)(and I do mean basic)

how many factors effect the stability of a server ???suppose that my friend 's computer is nearer server zone 's location than mine , does it means the stability of service that server gives him is better than me ???

Not quite. Suppose you both give the same request to the server at the same time. The server process both of your requests. However, when it has to return the results, your friend is going to get them first, because the way is shorter. In other words: This doesn't effect the server, but the client. A server either gives something to everyone with a particular speed(depending on the amount of clients) or doesn't give them anything (if too overloaded).This was if you give a single request. Suppose there is much processing to be done. In this case, it all depends on the server procesoor's speed.[edit] I forgot to mention another thing when it comes to processing many things: small quiryes speed faster, so even if you are on a longer distance than your friend, if your quiry requres less processing, it's more likely that that you'll receive the results first. [/edit]

Edited by boen_robot

Not quite. Suppose you both give the same request to the server at the same time. The server process both of your requests. However, when it has to return the results, your friend is going to get them first, because the way is shorter. In other words: This doesn't effect the server, but the client. A server either gives something to everyone with a particular speed(depending on the amount of clients) or doesn't give them anything (if too overloaded).This was if you give a single request. Suppose there is much processing to be done. In this case, it all depends on the server procesoor's speed.

thanks :) ... and the last question :) is there any distinguish in service if your domain name is .com or .org or .net ...means if I pay money to change my domain name , the stability of service change ???

no.your domain name registration is completely exclusive from your web site hosting service. but, you need to understand that either your domain name registrar or (more commonly) your web site hosting provider will have the machines (dns servers) that link your domain name to your website. so the quality of their network will answer your question.

no.your domain name registration is completely exclusive from your web site hosting service.  but, you need to understand that either your domain name registrar or (more commonly) your web site hosting provider will have the machines (dns servers) that link your domain name to your website.  so the quality of their network will answer your question.

sorry , ... could you guess for me how many server in the world :) thanks :)

also, some domains have certain rules to follow.For example: .edu says you can only have that if you belong to a education facality..org at one time said only organazations could use it, now it's public and *anyone* may use it.---There's also the cost factor, domains like .info are much cheaper than .com, .net or .org

also, some domains have certain rules to follow.For example: .edu says you can only have that if you belong to a education facality..org at one time said only organazations could use it, now it's public and *anyone* may use it.---There's also the cost factor, domains like .info are much cheaper than .com, .net or .org