I need directions..

Tobberoth

So, I've decided to make a blogg, and a good one.The problem is, i know html pretty well, but I've decided to make it in xhtml with LOTS of CSS (which I learned yesterday :)) and now I need to learn the hard parts:Making a database and a working form.What I want is to have a database with all my entries in the blogg so they can be handled effectivly. I want to post my entry and some code will put it into the html, give it a timestamp and all that stuff.Second of all, I want people who come to the blogg to be able to comment on my posts. They write in name, location and stuff, and my html is updated with their comment.What do I need to learn to be able to create this? PHP? Javascript?

Why dont you just use wordpress or some pre-made blog thing... I think you can customize fully these pre-made blogs. creating a blog would mean learning a bit of advance PHP and MySQL. But hey, if you wanna be original and create your very own blog, go for it. It's pretty much a challenge! but people will respect you for it.i guess you need atleast one server side script/language like PHP and at least one database like MySQL if you want a blog. You can actually save blog entries in text files but hey! just use the database instead if you know how to handle one...

Why dont you just use wordpress or some pre-made blog thing... I think you can customize fully these pre-made blogs. creating a blog would mean learning a bit of advance PHP and MySQL. But hey, if you wanna be original and create your very own blog, go for it. It's pretty much a challenge! but people will respect you for it.i guess you need atleast one server side script/language like PHP and at least one database like MySQL if you want a blog. You can actually save blog entries in text files but hey! just use the database instead if you know how to handle one...

I was thinking about using movable type 3, an advanced program for making a blogg.. however, it was so advanced, I had no idea how to even install it.I want to make a blog like: http://www.designchronicle.com/memento/

Use PHP for it, MySQL can be used to store the entries, and PHP can display them (with timestamps etc). Making a blog would be a good milestone for PHP learning...as well as building a CMS and online game, all three would teach you valuable things. Blog first of course :)If you're new to PHP, start smaller still, maybe a few forms to test out, then move on. Or just use an already made site like http://www.blogger.com

however, it was so advanced, I had no idea how to even install it.
Contact the support team your web hosting company. Try to ask nicely if they could install it for you. Or you can try reading the user manual of whatever it is your trying to install. I dont really think that you should really study the whole program/software/application if you just wanna install it.