Black box not showing

SpOrTsDuDe.Reese

I'm required to make a sorta candyland (they told me to call it ASCIILAND...Anyway it's like candyland and I need a black box to represent players. I have done this before but once I added GridBag it stopped showing...but I need that.

/*ACSIILAND Game BoardPretty sexy stuff here*/ //Importing crap to make this workimport javax.swing.*;import java.util.Random;import java.awt.*;import java.awt.geom.*;import java.awt.event.*;import java.awt.image.*;import java.io.*;import javax.imageio.*;//Start the public class, aka the main classpublic class ASCIILAND extends JComponent{   //Declare all variables that won't change   public static final String p1="John";   public static final String p2="Bobby";   public static final String p3="Joseph";      public static void main(String args[])   {	  //Declare all the constructors so that I can access crap off of it 	  Random generator=new Random();	  JFrame frame=new JFrame();		   	  int[] cells= new int[29];	  //Oh yea, now it loops to fill up all the variables	  //29 Variables total here	  for (int i=0; i < 29; i++)	  {		  cells[i] = i+1;	  }	  //Gotta manually declare these variables because they need seperate names D;	  int START;	  int END;	  final int roll=generator.nextInt(8)+1;	   	  //Set crap for frame	  frame.setSize(780, 550);	  frame.setTitle("ASCIILAND Game Board");	  frame.setDefaultCloseOperation(JFrame.EXIT_ON_CLOSE);	  	  GridBagLayout gridbag = new GridBagLayout();	  GridBagConstraints c = new GridBagConstraints();		  	  frame.setLayout(gridbag);			  c.fill = GridBagConstraints.BOTH;	  c.gridx = 0;	  c.gridy = 0;			  JPanel board = new JPanel();	  board.setSize(550,650);	  board.setMinimumSize(new Dimension(550, 650));	  board.setPreferredSize(new Dimension(550, 650));		//Loading the image...		LoadImageApp image=new LoadImageApp();		//Loading the  game board...		board.add(image);				gridbag.setConstraints(board, c);		frame.add(board);		  		final JButton buttonPane = new JButton("Player 1 Roll");		//Inside the brackets it is the code to be executed		buttonPane.addActionListener(		new ActionListener()		{		  public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent e)			{				buttonPane.setEnabled(false);				buttonPane.setText("Player 1 rolled a "+roll+". Moving now...");		  }		});				//Jbutton crap.		JPanel buttonPane2 = new JPanel();	  buttonPane2.setSize(200, 200);	  buttonPane2.setMinimumSize(new Dimension(200, 200));	  buttonPane2.setPreferredSize(new Dimension(200, 200));	  buttonPane2.add(buttonPane);			  //INTENSE GRIDBAG STUFF!!!			  c.gridx=0;	  c.gridy=1;				  gridbag.setConstraints(buttonPane, c);	  frame.add(buttonPane2);	  //Make it so you can see the frame			  frame.setVisible(true);		}	public void paintComponent(Graphics g)		{			Graphics2D graphic = (Graphics2D) g;			graphic.setColor(Color.BLACK);			Rectangle2D.Double box = new Rectangle2D.Double(10, 10, 40, 40);			graphic.fill(box);		} 	public int boardMovement(int roll, Graphics g)	{		//This will do the board movement		return roll;	}}//Class to make the imageclass LoadImageApp extends Component{	BufferedImage img;	//"Draws" the image	public void paint(Graphics g)	{		g.drawImage(img, 0, 0, null);	}	//Loads the image with a try/catch	public LoadImageApp()	{	 	//Need a try/catch becuase ImageIO.read. It requires one to be caught/thrown...not baseball though;D.		try		{			img = ImageIO.read(new File("ASCIILAND.jpg"));		}		catch (IOException e)		{				  //Empty catch statement because quite frankly I need it to compile :/		}	}	 //Sets the dimensions of the image	 public Dimension getPreferredSize()	{		if (img == null)		{			return new Dimension(100,100);		}		else		{			return new Dimension(img.getWidth(null), img.getHeight(null));		}	}}

I'll attach the image to make it so you can compile. Any reason why it isn't showing?(Can't post an attachment...or a link it seems. Don't ban me!) Just google candyland picturehttp: //tbn0.google.com /images?q=tbn:Xf6IevmnnboJ::blog.makezine.com/candyland.jpgIt's that picture but photoshopped to say ASCIILAND.BTW DON'T TELL ME THE ANSWER. JUST GIVE ME A POINTER!!!This program is a bit extreme for only 2 months in but me and 2 other people in my class got moved up to AP AP computer science (before it was AP computer science) so I have to do harder ****.

Archived