I NEED HELP WITH DATA!!!

Guest crazy

I made a form using html and saved it as a page itself.What it does is have the user type in their comments about the site, however I need to know how to save the data they enter then the data they entered is emailed to me. IF ANYONE HAS ANSWERS PLEASE PLEASE RESPOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN BE EMAILED AT: crazy34502001@yahoo.com

First off, one of the points of using a forum is info is readily available. So people post answers, and if someone has a similar problem they know the answer, so e-mailing isn't a good option.What you need is a serverside language, PHP or ASP or one of the obscure ones which I wouldn't recommend. Search Hotscripts for a pre-built one.

First off, one of the points of using a forum is info is readily available.
No, I think he means that he wants a comment form, not a forUm, for his site. What people think about the site should be emailed to him...

No no, I know that, im saying hes asking for people to email him the answer for his question (how to create a form)(I think)...so other people who may have the same question won't be able to know the answer if we just give him the answer. Displaying it publicly is best :)

I made a form using html and saved it as a page itself.What it does is have the user type in their comments about the site, however I need to know how to save the data they enter then the data they entered is emailed to me. IF ANYONE HAS ANSWERS PLEASE PLEASE RESPOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN BE EMAILED AT: crazy34502001@yahoo.com

Add the mailto:your_email_address bit into the form tag.
<form action="mailto:crazy34502001@yahoo.com"><!-- Form Items Here --><input type="submit" value="Send"></form>

The data will be in RAW format, like so:Text field called textfield1 and textarea called textarea1, both fields contain the words "test email" without the quotes. When the user submits the form, you get sent an email containing the following:textfield1=test+email&textarea1=test+emailSpaces are "+" and seperate fields are "&" and field names are before the "=" and values are after the "=". Only way to do it without server-side scripts.

Emailing to yourself is not nice to handle. The inputting user has to confirm if he/she wants to send it to your email address, not that it will be done right away, there will be a confirmbox.And no, there is no way of storing data in a file with JavaScript. It can only store it for single user use, if someone else visits, he gets the information without the newly stored.However, PHP is not difficult to learn. If you like, we can write you what you want, just explain what exactly it has to do. :)