Rotate Text - HOW DO I DO IT???

KRKILGORE

Hey - I'm building my very first webpage using Yahoo!'s Pagebuilder & I have studied thru the HTML course on the W3 site, but I'm having a problem right now with text. I want to rotate the font to appear vertical. Does anyone know how to do this? :) I've looked thru the site and can't seem to find a tag for it. :) If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

You could always use <br /> after every letter :)

But then remember to use a font for the site that has equal width for each letter, so it's aligned correct vertically... :)

Hey - I'm building my very first webpage using Yahoo!'s Pagebuilder & I have studied thru the HTML course on the W3 site, but I'm having a problem right now with text. I want to rotate the font to appear vertical. Does anyone know how to do this? :) I've looked thru the site and can't seem to find a tag for it. :) If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

U can use CSS to get this done <style type="text/css">p.rightmargin {margin-right: 10cm}</style><p class="rightmargin">UR TEXT GOES HERE </p>u can also increase the right-margin. to get more text into vertical.....Maelstorm....

U can use CSS to get this done <style type="text/css">p.rightmargin {margin-right: 10cm}</style><p class="rightmargin">UR TEXT GOES HERE </p>u can also increase the right-margin. to get more text into vertical.....Maelstorm....

I HAVE TO APOLOGIZE FOR GIVING WRONG INFO, IT WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY WHEN U USE THE CSS. I AM SORRY.....

which one would you like to happen?OPTION 1:turn VVVVV to:VVVVVOPTION 2: turn VVVVV to: (rotate it 90 degrees!)>>>>>okies, if its option 1 then you can really do something about it. you can add a <br />to each letter just like what Bjørnar said.If its option 2, then there's no way of doing it in HTML, maybe javascript? i dnt know, but in html and css its really impossible. What you can do is create a graphic and make it look like a plain text that has been rotated. And maybe try to create your site offline in notepad... and later upload it to your server. :(

What exactly do you want? Do you want the characters themself rotated, or the text to go vertical instead of horizontal? There are ways we can do that.

I'm trying to get the text vertical or option 1 in the ex. given in prev. post so I can make it meet other text in a corner of the page. Anything you know I would appreciate. :) [/size]

Oh, then place your text in a div let's say... 9px in size (depends on your font size), each letter seperated by a space, each word separated by a paragraph.

<div style="width: 9px;">   <p>W h y</p>   <p>h e l l o</p>   </p>t h e r e</p></div>

Will appear like this:

Whyhellothere

EDIT: or there's <br />, but then you'd have less positionning options.