BOF, EOF error

Guest cegger

I am trying to use the EOF, BOF statement as a conditional to see if one recordset returns empty and if so move to the next one. If there is a Market value in the usage_code field it works fine. But if there is not, it won't move to the next select statement. It just gives me the ADO error that the record might have been deleted. I am not sure if I am closing in the wrong place or what. I just thought someone might be able to look at the code and give me an idea of what I'm doing wrong.Set rsBuilderInfo = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")rsBuilderInfo.ActiveConnection = MM_RCCWebInformation_STRINGrsBuilderInfo.Source = "SELECT BUILDER_INFORMATION.BILL_TO_ADDRESS1, BUILDER_INFORMATION.BILL_TO_CITY, BUILDER_INFORMATION.BILL_TO_POSTAL_CODE, BUILDER_INFORMATION.BILL_TO_STATE, BUILDER_INFORMATION.CUSTOMER_NAME, BUILDER_INFORMATION.CUSTOMER_NUMBER, BUILDER_INFORMATION.DAY_PHONE_AREA_CODE, BUILDER_INFORMATION.DAY_PHONE_NUMBER, BUILDER_INFORMATION.DAY_PHONE_EXTENSION, BUILDER_INFORMATION.FAX_AREA_CODE, BUILDER_INFORMATION.FAX_EXTENSION, BUILDER_INFORMATION.FAX_NUMBER, BUILDER_INFORMATION.WEBSITE, CONTACTS.EMAIL_ADDRESS, CONTACTS.FIRST_NAME, CONTACTS.LAST_NAME, CONTACTS.USAGE_CODE FROM BUILDER_INFORMATION, CONTACTS WHERE (CONTACTS.CUSTOMER_NUMBER = '"&varIDnum&"' ) AND (CONTACTS.USAGE_CODE = 'MARKET') AND (CONTACTS.CUSTOMER_NUMBER = BUILDER_INFORMATION.CUSTOMER_NUMBER)"rsBuilderInfo.CursorType = 0rsBuilderInfo.CursorLocation = 2rsBuilderInfo.LockType = 1rsBuilderInfo.Open()If (rsBuilderInfo.BOF = TRUE) AND (rsBuilderInfo.EOF = TRUE) Then set rsBuilderInfo = conn.execute ("SELECT BUILDER_INFORMATION.BILL_TO_ADDRESS1, BUILDER_INFORMATION.BILL_TO_CITY, BUILDER_INFORMATION.BILL_TO_POSTAL_CODE, BUILDER_INFORMATION.BILL_TO_STATE, BUILDER_INFORMATION.CUSTOMER_NAME, BUILDER_INFORMATION.CUSTOMER_NUMBER, BUILDER_INFORMATION.DAY_PHONE_AREA_CODE, BUILDER_INFORMATION.DAY_PHONE_NUMBER, BUILDER_INFORMATION.DAY_PHONE_EXTENSION, BUILDER_INFORMATION.FAX_AREA_CODE, BUILDER_INFORMATION.FAX_EXTENSION, BUILDER_INFORMATION.FAX_NUMBER, BUILDER_INFORMATION.WEBSITE, CONTACTS.EMAIL_ADDRESS, CONTACTS.FIRST_NAME, CONTACTS.LAST_NAME, CONTACTS.USAGE_CODE FROM BUILDER_INFORMATION, CONTACTS WHERE (((CONTACTS.CUSTOMER_NUMBER) = '"& varIDnum &"') AND (CONTACTS.USAGE.CODE = 'AUTH_SIGNATURE'))") End IfrsBuilderInfo.Close()rsBuilderInfo_numRows = 0%>

Hi cegger,I'm maybe wrong but you should change your condition from :

<% If (rsBuilderInfo.BOF = TRUE) AND (rsBuilderInfo.EOF = TRUE) Then ... %>

to

<% If (rsBuilderInfo.BOF = FALSE) AND (rsBuilderInfo.EOF = FALSE) Then ... %>

If it's false that you are at the beginning of the file (BOF) and at the end of the file (EOF), then you execute your select.Jerome