Stored Procedures

djp1988

Hi all the following is taken from mysql.com

CREATE PROCEDURE simpleproc (OUT param1 INT)   BEGIN   SELECT COUNT(*) INTO param1 FROM t;   END;

What i wanted to know is the syntax to select a database for this query, as the mysql error message for this is:===#1046 - No database selected ===

I don't have one, I am just try to manually make a stored procedure, and I can't because i can't find out how to select a database to use in the sql

I mean what is the query you are trying to use at the moment to select the DB? It should be something like

USE database

I'm not, I have this query:

CREATE PROCEDURE simpleproc (OUT param1 INT)   BEGIN   SELECT COUNT(*) INTO param1 FROM t;   END;

And the mysql error says I need to add into the SQL the syntax to select a database to use, so i don't understand

Did you try USE?

USE database;CREATE PROCEDURE simpleproc (OUT param1 INT)   BEGIN   SELECT COUNT(*) INTO param1 FROM t;   END;

Where database is your db name.

• 3 months later...

USE database;CREATE PROCEDURE simpleproc (OUT param1 INT) BEGIN SELECT COUNT(*) INTO param1 FROM t; END;if your table contain two field id and nameu should writeCREATE PROCEDURE simpleproc (OUT param1 INT) BEGIN SELECT COUNT(id) INTO param1 FROM t; END;you can write name instand of id;

Hi all the following is taken from mysql.com

What i wanted to know is the syntax to select a database for this query, as the mysql error message for this is:===#1046 - No database selected ===

try something like this SELECT COUNT(*) = @var FROM t@var should be your param1

• 5 months later...

Archived