Java Script Avail.width

kv79

hi allthanks advance this is not working, I really don know why

<script type="text/javascript">var _screen = screen.availWidth;var _width = 495;var _left = ((_screen/2)-_width);document.getElementById('movie').style.left='100px';</script>		<style type="text/css">		div.movie, body, p {			position:absolute;			  		}		p.underline, p , h1 , h2 , u {			position:absolute;			left:5px;			width:100px;			height:100px;			overflow:hidden;		}		p.underline{text-decoration:underline;}		body { margin:0; }		body {background-color:#000;}	</style></head><body>	<div id="movie" class="movie" >		<embed  src="pre_loader.swf" width="991" height="550" />	</div>	</body>

And I want to replace first one with second but it seems that it's not workingdunno why :)

document.getElementById('movie').style.left='100px';

document.getElementById('movie').style.left=_left + 'px';

If you were to alert "_left", you'll probably get "NaN" and I'm guessing this would be because you have a typo here:

var _screen = screen.avilWidth;

Take the quotation mark out of your alert, and it should work.The screen width refers to the total width of the monitor. That is not the same as your window. If the user changes the size of the window, then the window will be smaller than the screen.If you are simply trying to center your movie, there are easier ways that do not require Javascript.

Archived