Menu Items Highlighted When Selected

BigTuna

Hello, I would like to highlight active menu items, but I cant get it to work. Please have a look at part of the css I am using and tell me how should I customize it (the css file is from joomla template)..navbar { background:url(../images/navbg.jpg) repeat-x; height:44px; }.nav { margin: 0px; padding-left:30px; padding-top:10px; }.nav ul { list-style:none; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; }.nav li { margin: 0px; padding: 0px; display: inline; float:left; background:none !important; position:relative; top: -10px !important; }.nav a, .nav a:visited { display:block; color:#ffffff; text-decoration:none; padding-right:25px; padding-left:25px; padding-bottom:18px; padding-top:10px; z-index:1; } .navbar a:hover { color:#ffffff; background:url(../images/hover.jpg) repeat-x; text-align:center; padding-right:25px; padding-left:25px; padding-bottom:18px; padding-top:10px; }

Be more specific about this: "highlight active menu items"when you say active, do you literally mean while the mouse is being clicked? If so, you'll need a definition for .nav a:active {}What does highlight mean to you in this context? Usually, it refers to a change in background color. But in this case, when the mouse hovers over a menu item, a background image is applied. A change in color won't be visible unless you also remove the image. Somehow I doubt that's what you want. You could replace the image during the click. That's a common technique. Or you could simply change the color property (which changes the color of the text).

Archived