Web Hosting

omgRawr

I need a new web host. I'll just copy and paste my website requirements from my word document. Server:· Apache 2 +· Windows or Linux· Htaccess support· Custom error pages· Protected directories· URL rewritingLimits:· At least 500 MB of disk space· At least 5 GB of bandwidthPolicies:· Allow file storage sites· Allow image galleries· Allow gaming sites· No overselling hosts· Must have a money-back guarantee· Must cost at most 20 dollars a month for shared hosting plansFeatures:· Custom email address· Cron jobsDomains:· Domain name· SubdomainsScripting:· PHP 5.3 +· Python· PerlConfiguration:· PHP:o Allow_url_fopen is ono Magic quotes are offo Safe mode is offo Can use PHP mailo Can set PHP configurationDatabase:· MySQL 5.0 +· At least 15 usernames and databasesTools:· MySQL Quick Admin· PHP My Admin· PHP Mini Admin· File Manager· FTP Manager· Htaccess Manager

PHP 5.3 adds a lot of new features that are already in the manual, but yeah, you're probably not going to find a lot of production servers using it yet.Look at hostgator.com. I don't know why you're requiring certain PHP settings if you're also requiring that you can change PHP settings, or that you're requiring a certain price for shared hosting (if it's shared hosting, you're not going to be allowed to change PHP config, it applies to the entire server and not just your account).

I like e4games would recommend Byethost. I have been with them for almost a year now and have been absolutely fantastic! Great support, lots of pre-installed software and great prices.

I like e4games would recommend Byethost. I have been with them for almost a year now and have been absolutely fantastic! Great support, lots of pre-installed software and great prices.
Does Byethost support URL rewriting though? And what Htaccess features are allowed or blocked on it? I need URL rewriting.

Archived