Difficulty Editing Html Source Code

Guest sthoko

Guest sthoko

I've got a new laptop. After writing my source code, I save it with an extension .html. When I go back to it to edit it, the computer is not allowing me. I am using windows Vista and Microsoft Office 2007. I write the code on Note Pad. Can somebody please help!!!!

are you also using notepad to open it? What sort of error message are you getting?it should be as simple as1)Opening your text editor2)typing in your code3)Save it, (as all files) and manually change the extension at the end to .htmlIf it worked, the file should have an IE or FF icon instead of the usual text file icon and should automatically open in your default browser when double-clicked.To edit, you should just be able to right-click on the file and scroll down to "open with", and choose your text editor, or choose the program.

Although what thescientist said should get you all the way through, you can also open the HTML file in IE, right click anywhere on the page and it'll open the source in Notepad and you can edit it, save it and reload IE to see how it's working out.

I've got a new laptop. After writing my source code, I save it with an extension .html. When I go back to it to edit it, the computer is not allowing me. I am using windows Vista and Microsoft Office 2007. I write the code on Note Pad. Can somebody please help!!!!
double check you file's extension. it may not save as a html. such as .html.txt

Archived