How Can I Start Learning Porogramming Language

SilenceKnight

i am hesham for egypt my english not very good and i hope to learn internet programming language { php&Mysql }what must i do to be professional i mean what should i learn beside php&Mysql to be professional and how i start and by what i start frist i should learn english very good please i want all of give me sites that will help learning eglish & courese & tutorialsthis is the first thing the second how i began learning internet programming language { php&Mysql } wait you & thanks

around here you can try the tutorials: PHPSQLas far as English goes, maybe some courses at a local school in your area? I'm not sure, but here's what google came up with:Googlethen its just a matter of practicing and asking questions. We will always be happy to help.

around here you can try the tutorials: PHPSQLas far as English goes, maybe some courses at a local school in your area? I'm not sure, but here's what google came up with:Googlethen its just a matter of practicing and asking questions. We will always be happy to help.
hello thescientistfrist i thank you very much for helping me i do not mean w3schools tutorials as i know them i mean that i want another tutorials and for english i search in google and find a useful tutorials thanks again for helping me

have you tried php.net?I would try just googling for further tutorials if you say you already know these tutorials. What are your objectives? Where are you trying to go and what are you trying to accomplish? Tutorials will only get you so far before you have to start your own projects and learn the more detailed parts of the language by doing.

have you tried php.net?I would try just googling for further tutorials if you say you already know these tutorials. What are your objectives? Where are you trying to go and what are you trying to accomplish? Tutorials will only get you so far before you have to start your own projects and learn the more detailed parts of the language by doing.
hello thescientist i mean that i know w3schools tutorials and i will start by them but i just want other tutorials to grow my information and learn more and i want to know if i must learn another programming languages like javescript , ajax , html ..... . or just learm php&mysql i hope you understand me thanksplease add me this my e-mail silenceknight2@hotmail.comwait you

hello thescientist i mean that i know w3schools tutorials and i will start by them but i just want other tutorials to grow my information and learn more and i want to know if i must learn another programming languages like javescript , ajax , html ..... . or just learm php&mysql i hope you understand me thanksplease add me this my e-mail silenceknight2@hotmail.comwait you
As far as learning other languages, it's all about what you need/want to be able to do. I would imagine most people here started out learning HTML/CSS and advanced to Javascript/Ajax, or PHP/MySQL as they felt more comfortable taking on new challenges, or if they had to learn something out of necessity. As I said before, it really boils down to what you want to be able to do, or hope to accomplish. If you want to make your own sites, then you will want to learn HTML/CSS. If you want to add realtime changes to your site, then you would want to learn Javascript and Ajax. If you want to add databases, logins, stuff like that, then you would need PHP/MySQL. If this only for yourself, why don't you try getting a few books on what interests you? If it's for other people's projects, what do they want you to do? I know you want to/have learn(ed) PHP/MySQL, but what have you actually done with the language to test your comprehension of the subject matter? That will be a better assessment of your abilities then just reading alone. If you only want to learn PHP/MySQL, then you will keep yourself from learning the presentational side of web design (and other aspects (Flash, Javascript, AJAX, XML, etc), which is fine if PHP/MySQL is your only concern. Try out some books; the good ones usually have good real-life examples for you to try out.

As far as learning other languages, it's all about what you need/want to be able to do. I would imagine most people here started out learning HTML/CSS and advanced to Javascript/Ajax, or PHP/MySQL as they felt more comfortable taking on new challenges, or if they had to learn something out of necessity. As I said before, it really boils down to what you want to be able to do, or hope to accomplish. If you want to make your own sites, then you will want to learn HTML/CSS. If you want to add realtime changes to your site, then you would want to learn Javascript and Ajax. If you want to add databases, logins, stuff like that, then you would need PHP/MySQL. If this only for yourself, why don't you try getting a few books on what interests you? If it's for other people's projects, what do they want you to do? I know you want to/have learn(ed) PHP/MySQL, but what have you actually done with the language to test your comprehension of the subject matter? That will be a better assessment of your abilities then just reading alone. If you only want to learn PHP/MySQL, then you will keep yourself from learning the presentational side of web design (and other aspects (Flash, Javascript, AJAX, XML, etc), which is fine if PHP/MySQL is your only concern. Try out some books; the good ones usually have good real-life examples for you to try out.
i want to learn HTML/CSS , Javascript/Ajax , PHP/MYSQL ,xml ..... i will start out learning HTML/CSS Then Javascript/Ajax Then PHP/MYSQL .Is this Right ? Now i began to download books And Lynda.com tutorials Training And other tutorials thanks very much for helping me

i think that sounds like a good approach. don't be afraid to ask as many questions as you need, everyone here is very helpful.

you're better off just posting your questions here. More people can help you that way, and you might get your question answered faster, or better.

AJAX is best learned after you master javascript, yes.But it makes almost no sense unless you also know other technologies. One use of AJAX is to interact with XML documents. If that's what you want to do, you'd better learn XML before learning AJAX. Another use of AJAX is to interact with your server. If that's what you want to do, you'd better learn PHP before learning AJAX.

AJAX is best learned after you master javascript, yes.But it makes almost no sense unless you also know other technologies. One use of AJAX is to interact with XML documents. If that's what you want to do, you'd better learn XML before learning AJAX. Another use of AJAX is to interact with your server. If that's what you want to do, you'd better learn PHP before learning AJAX.
i want to be a professional internet programmer want to know & learn every thing i want to learn php frist and learn ajax and javascript after learning php& mysqlthanks

Archived