Web Host

kirbyweb

What do you need help with? You need to:- Install a server- Make your server publicly accessible by:--- Port-forwarding on your router--- Making sure port 80 is unblocked with:----- the relevant firewalls----- your ISP--- Giving your server a permanent address by:----- Getting a static IP----- Using a dynamic DNS service

Do you want to download and install your own server or sign up with a remote free web hosting service?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

if you're just looking to test locally, why not just get an AMP stack. Windows, Mac, etc.

if you're just looking to test locally, why not just get an AMP stack. Windows, Mac, etc.
He did say he didn't want to download anything, but in truth, this is probably the best way to do what he wants to do because it doesn't consume the resources of the host, and get can just do it locally using XAMPP (That's what I use, it's amazing!).

He did say he didn't want to download anything, but in truth, this is probably the best way to do what he wants to do because it doesn't consume the resources of the host, and get can just do it locally using XAMPP (That's what I use, it's amazing!).
oh yeah, I guess I missed that part. Oh well, I'm still sticking by my recommendation. Why would you want to have to go and FTP your file(s) just fix a syntax error? And if he doesn't want to do it through a remote host, the task of setting up your own server far outweighs the effort/complication of downloading a stack. (and will most likely involve downloading something anyway)

Archived