Need A Coder

kirbyweb

OK I need money bad so I am willing to code html very well, and php a little bit, all for $2 an hour, if interested please pm or something.Here is a basic website I made:kingdomsarcade.byethost5.comits not done.Please choose me as your coder thanks.If I am asking to much or to low let me know.

:) We don't generally advertise on this board. There are plenty of places on the Internet for that. You might explore this site, for example. (This is not a recommendation; I simply ran across them in my travels.)Web Services means something else. This was clearly an honest misunderstanding.Strictly my opinion: To really show off a developer's skills, a sample web page should be written in standards-compliant code. At the very least, it should include a doctype declaration and stay away from old-fashioned elements like <font> tags.

well, DD is pointing out some good basic concepts to grasp before you should consider putting yourself out there for that kind of position. You shouldn't have to undersell yourself either to get business; more often than not in this kind of industry your work really has to do the talking for you; that is what DD was trying to get at about your use (or lack of) DTD's and old tags. Don't be discouraged, it takes a little while to get to that level, but I will definitely give you credit for being persistent and ambitious. Keep reading and posting here, and I bet a year from now you will be in much better shape to make good money for doing good work. :)

No offense, but I aim to make myself as self-sufficient and well-rounded as possible. It means I'll have a lot more to learn and work on, but then I can say I can do it all myself. I do make my own money off this kind of work, so it's imperative I always be learning and doing. Unfortunately, its not in my interest to give other people work that I could be doing (nor am I in any position to pay others). However, it will never keep me, nor anyone else on here, from trying to help anybody with any questions or problems they might have. :)

kirbyweb, you're right. There is nothing like working with an experienced master. The good news is that you already have access to one of the best learning experiences you could find: this board right here. Don't come just when you need help. Come every day. Read the posts on HTML and CSS--all of them, if you can. Feel free to pass, but pay close attention to some of them. You'll see a lot of the same kinds of questions come up. The answers to those will get you started. They'll start to stick: not just the tools, but also the reasons for choosing one tool instead of another. When you've read enough, and you get a sense of where Ingolme and justsomeguy and some others are coming from--the attitude they bring to their work--you'll see the way the little details fit into the big picture, and why even the little details are important.

Archived