.nsf Extension

Err

I was not sure where to post this, but this is my best guess.I want to know what kind of server uses this kind of URL format:

Is this a IIS server? Is this using a ASP-like language to program? I may be working for a client that has their current website set up this way. I want to know if I will have any trouble with this coming from a PHP background.

An NSF file is a Lotus database:http://www.fileinfo.com/extension/nsfIt sounds like the web server has some sort of extension that allows it to send requests directly to the database, or there might be URL-rewriting going on that sends that request to a different script for processing.

Thanks for the info. I did some research and found that their programming language strongly resembles VB. Do you think it will be easy enough to switch to a different server-side scripting language? Since PHP is free, I'm thinking it's more cost effective for the company to switch. Since it seems that NSF itself costs more to have. I know that the company does use lotus notes and have their own servers. I'm mostly worried if I switch languages I could potentially affect their servers and indirectly affect their server's compatibility with lotus notes.

I'm not sure what your project is, but ideally you wouldn't need to change their existing environment, they have things set up the way they do for a reason. It would potentially cost them money in terms of downtime and maintenance to switch languages, where keeping what they have doesn't cost anything.

Archived