File Upload To Windows Server Help

JackW

I have several sites on Linux servers where I have set it up so the site owner can upload picture files. Below is a simplified version of the code used. (without security features that are on the real sites.)Now I have a client that would like this feature on his site, but it is hosted on a windows server. The code does not work on his site.Html form Page code:

<body><form enctype="multipart/form-data" action="upload.php" method="POST">Please choose a file: <input name="uploaded" type="file" /><br /><input type="submit" value="Upload" /></form></body>

Php page code:

<body><?php$target = "upload/"; $target = $target . basename( $_FILES['uploaded']['name']) ; $ok=1; if(move_uploaded_file($_FILES['uploaded']['tmp_name'], $target)) {echo "The file ". basename( $_FILES['uploaded']['name']). " has been uploaded";} else {echo "Sorry, there was a problem uploading your file.";}?></body>

The html code is in a folder named test. That same folder named test contains a folder named upload. I set up the windows hosted site and one of my linux hosted sites exactly the same. On the linux server I get this message: “The file 100_0095.jpg has been uploaded” and the file is in the folder.On the windows server, no file in folder, and I get this message:“Warning: move_uploaded_file(upload/100_0095.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in D:\Hosting\5310323\html\test\upload.php on line 19Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move 'D:\Temp\php\php6435.tmp' to 'upload/100_0095.jpg' in D:\Hosting\5310323\html\test\upload.php on line 19Sorry, there was a problem uploading your file.”I have been looking for solutions and trying different things for 2 days. What am I doing wrong.Some one suggested it was a CHMOD problem. That is not the case on Linux. I don't have a clue about permissions on Windows. This is my first and I hope last experience with a windows server.Thank you for any help you can give.Is it possible to upload files to windows servers and how is it done?

It's just a permission error with the directory you're trying to move the file to:Warning: move_uploaded_file(upload/100_0095.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in D:\Hosting\5310323\html\test\upload.php on line 19You need to find the directory on the server, right-click on the directory and choose Properties, then the Security tab. In the list of users look for the anonymous internet user account, it starts with "IUSR_" and then has the computer name. You need to give that account write and modify access to the directory.

It's just a permission error with the directory you're trying to move the file to:~ ~ ~You need to give that account write and modify access to the directory.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! That Worked! I can't believe the number of hours I spent trying to find the answer because I was too stuborn to ask for help.Have a Merry ChristmasJackW

Archived