Yahoo! Open Strategy

skaterdav85

What are people's thoughts on YOS? I just recently discovered it. I've played around with YAP (Yahoo Applications Platform), and to me it just seems like a way to make a web app for yahoo users under a yahoo URL. Is that all it is?

I beleive the idea behind YOS is to provide options that are not possible with YAP due to the nature of how the Yahoo content was stored and used through Yahoo. Basically, whilst Yahoo is updating itself it is also opening up new options to access its content.It really depends on what the actual new content will be as to whether it provides any extra benefit of the existing options.

Well I think YAP is part of YOS, among other things like Yahoo! Social Platform (YSP), Yahoo! Query Language (YQL), and OAuth Authentication. I know Yahoo has been trying to make a comeback, but what's the advantage of all this? I saw YAP as a way for users to make applications under Yahoo (similar to apps for the iphone), without having to worry as much about SEO. Maybe there are more advantages, but none that I could see.

• 3 months later...

Archived