Centering A Div

Mencarta

no dcotype? Are you talking about the gallery div?Can you center something and try to position it relatively?

My website: yellowfever.zxq.net has a gallery box and I want it centered. I've tried margin and text-align but it doesn't work.
Well, what are you trying to position where? I see a giant green and yellow title. Below that I see what looks like a header with the same title. Then I see 3 boxes, oddly positioned: "powerpoints," "scrapbook," and considerably further down the page "gallery."What are you wanting to put where? How do you want the page laid out?To center the div, set its left margin to auto and its right margin to auto.For another thing, you've got it set to "float:left;" Not sure how you expect to center the div if it's floated left. That is to say float:left, basically sends it over to the left side of the page and wraps stuff around it to the right...Seems to me you'll have to take out the "float:left" and put in "margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto;"Not sure how the "position:relative" figures in either.Basically, tell us what you're trying to achieve with the various boxes.It doesn't seem o display well on my Netbook. Probably due to the small screen size..

What are you wanting to put where? How do you want the page laid out?Basically, tell us what you're trying to achieve with the various boxes.
My website: yellowfever.zxq.net has a gallery box and I want it centered.. I've tried margin and text-align but it doesn't work.
I'll stand by my initial recommendation of taking off the positioning.

Archived