My page content overflows but i can't 'scroll' down?

Marrto

Hey there, i'm creating a webpage as part of my course. I would just ask tutors but their response to emails is pathetic so i'm asking you! As the title depicts, the content of my page overflows, which of course is normal, but what's not normal is that there is no scrollbar? i.e. I am unable to scroll down and view the content that has overflowed (is 'overflow' the correct term?). I have tried adding 'overflow: scroll;' in the body selector of my stylesheet, and it DOES add the scroll area but there is no thumb to click and drag.very frustrating but i'm guessing it's an easy fix?Sorry if i've made the question more difficult than need be. Please let me know if i need to add the coding for you to see.Hope you can help, thanksHayden

CSS body {background-color:#191970; font-family: sans-serif, "arial"; font-weight: bold; font-size: 12px; padding: 0; margin-left: 20%; margin-right: 20%; overflow: scroll;}#container {position: fixed; left: 20%; border-style: solid; border-width: 5px; border-color: #7575A9; width: 60%; background-color: #D1D1E2;}I have 3 divs nested within the container which i haven't styled yet. Is that the problem maybe?

Err, the CSS isn't very useful without the HTML - even better would be a link to your page.

I think "position: fixed" may be playing a role in this problem. A scrollbar wouldn't appear on the body because the container div has been taken out of the document flow by "position: fixed"The container won't have a scrollbar because the overflowing content will simply go beyond the bottom boundaries of the box.Just remove the "position: fixed; left: 20%;" part and see what happens. You can substitute it with "margin-left: 20%" if you want to, that's a better way to do it.

Archived