Facebook Question

meranda2100

I want to insert this code into my Facebook page and have it work, but I am not as familar with JavaScript as CSS and HTML. I tried puting it in a post with a link in HTML, but no dice. Any one have any suggestions?java script:elms=document.getElementById('friends').getElementsByTagName('li');for(var fid in elms){if(typeof elms[fid] === 'object'){fs.click(elms[fid]);}} thanks,Meranda2100

ya JS wont work on facebook. However I have seen some applications that let people write JS in the URL and then it checks all boxes in one of those modal windows where you can select your friends to invite to something.

That's a bookmarklet. If you want to provide some sort of interactive functionality that links into Facebook, have a look at the Facebook API.

That's a bookmarklet. If you want to provide some sort of interactive functionality that links into Facebook, have a look at the Facebook API.
Thanks for all the help, but what is Facebook API and how do I learn the code? Thanks, Meranda2100

The Facebook API (well, a portion of it) allows you to develop web applications that will run inside Facebook.http://developers.facebook.com/get_started.php
Thanks, I will start learning!! :)

Archived